LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy SE

Hey guys I recently got a 2008 legacy SE with 14k on it. It doesn't have a scratch or a dent. I pretty much fell in love when i took it for a test drive so i decided to buy it. I want to keep my legacy in perfect condition!!!

so i want to know whats the best oil for the 2.5 non turbo ????? synthetic, conventional?..... castrol, mobile 1, etc..... any thoughts? also, i ordered a 6000k hids kit. if i install it would it void subaru's warranty?

thanks!

Congrats on your new car. You will get many different answers on what oil is best, there are numerous threads covering that topic. My personal opinion is to simply go with any conventional 5w-30, and any filter. The important thing is that you change it regularly, I try to stick to a 5,000mi oil change interval.

My research has concluded that synthetic oil does no break down as fast as conventional oil. Therefor you can go 5K or so between SYNTHETIC oil changes. 3,500 miles for non synthetic.

I know you have a NA engine, but I am wondering about synthetic in turbos. I heard you have to change it every 3700 to stay under warranty...

Archived