LegacyGT.com

Burning oil , where did oil go.

darkside

Ok, So i am driving to work and oil light comes on.:mad:... So i checked motor no oil but got a oil change at dealer about 1000 miles ago.. Now car is smoking throught exhaust, not while driving but come to a light give about 30 seconds and smoke comes out.. I had my ACVS line brake and replaced 4 times in less than 6 months.. Could this have lead to premature engine or piston failure.. I think a ringland or piston ring broke and oil blows through. I put 4 quarts to fill and 2 days later gone. Any ways I have 40,000 miles and extended warranty to 87,000.. How should i handle this.. Is it subarus fault because ACVS oil line broke same spot causing oil leak and oil starvation. Or should the extended warranty company pickup repair for motor replacement or can a piston ring just be swapped out and good to go. No mods motor or to car other than bc coilovers and AVO sways.. Any feed back on how to handle warranty claim would be greatly appriciated.. :spin:

The dealership will decide who will handle the warranty claim..sounds like your double covered.....let the two warranty folks fight over that...you shouldn't have to deal with it.

Just supply them w/ the warranty stuff and let them go...if you feel like they are lying to you, read your warranty.

Most reputable shops will do the right thing but every now and then you have to check up on them.

let us know

Archived