LegacyGT.com

'08 LGT 5EAT, K&N drop in filter stock?

CP3

I'm wondering if the car described in the title comes stock with a K&N drop in stock? The one I just picked up has one and we were under the impression the car was stock when we bought it. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if just the filter will cause problems.

The car has already gone through a cat (not sure which one) but the dealer is fixing it. And I'm also wondering it I need to get a stock paper filter to avoid future problems. Thanks

Also, please excuse the ignorance. I'm new to the turbo world and from what I'm seeing it looks like getting an intake first as opposed to a UP,DP, and CBE (without a tune).

sounds like you got a used car... so no, k&n drop in filter is 'not' stock. you do not need a tune for a drop in filter, nor a cbe.

hope the cat is okay. those animals can be very sneaky

on a serious note, sounds like a cat in the DP broke? o_O

Yeah it was a used car with ~20k miles so I'm not too upset. And as I stated the dealer is taking care of the cat. And yeah it's one in the DP. Not sure which though or if it's even related to the filter, which I seriously doubt it is but figured I'd ask.

:lol:

Believe me I've thought about asking them to cut me a check for the repair and I'd use it to fund a new DP hahaha, but I'm guessing they're not gonna go for that.

Thanks for the welcome! Forum seems pretty cool so far and has a lot of good answers. Search FTW!

Oh yeah since I'm here, am I right when I think I should wait to get a CAI until I get exhaust stuff? From what I've been reading that's the feeling I've been getting.

stock turbo, you dont really need a CAI (benefit of it is slim). people get them just for the 'whoosh' but you'll definately need a tune for the CAI.

bigger turbo, you'll benefit from the CAI and of course you'd need a tune.

those are the most common replies you'll get from people on the forum.

Archived