LegacyGT.com

got a dp question

Jimmy78

ERZ. It is basically the same as an Invidia, without the divorced wastegate fitment issue. Plus it is much cheaper. Should be about $330 delivered for a Catted ERZ and much less for a non-catted.

Best DP for the money IMHO. Just as good as my $600 Cobb.

The divider plate that Invidia uses has been known to hit the flapper. Many members have had to grind it down and Invidia has supposedly fixed the issue in manufacture.

Not having the divider is no problem. Cobb uses a cast bellmouth with no divider. So do others.

ERZ has a cast bellmouth with extra O2 bung (for wideband), stainless 3" piping, rear O2 bung, tranny mount tab, stainless flange, catted versions use a 200cel cat.

I have a Cobb DP on my 5EAT and a ERZ DP on my SpecB. As soon as the ERZ 5EAT DP is available (March/April) I am selling my Cobb and switching to ERZ.

Oh, and ERZ is the name of the website (e racing zone). Since they are now releasing their own brand of products the new name brand will be CNT.

Hey guys I'm also looking at getting a down pipe for my car also so that i can run stage 2. Does anyone know where to get the ERZ dp from for a good price? I'm gonna check out their website right now..

Oh also, kinda a dumb question but I'm honestly clueless. If I get a 3" Dp, will I have issues tying it into the rest of the exhaust system? My exhaust is currently stock, I'm wondering if I could get away with just installing a dp(probly catless) and then run stage 2. Any suggestions?

Hey guys I'm also looking at getting a down pipe for my car also so that i can run stage 2. Does anyone know where to get the ERZ dp from for a good price? I'm gonna check out their website right now..

Oh also, kinda a dumb question but I'm honestly clueless. If I get a 3" Dp, will I have issues tying it into the rest of the exhaust system? My exhaust is currently stock, I'm wondering if I could get away with just installing a dp(probly catless) and then run stage 2. Any suggestions?

PM username: erzperformance for a price quote.

As for using it with a stock cat-back...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2783578&postcount=168

Cheers!

I have herd that you will get more hp with the divider in the dp. more hp and more torque and much more response from the car. I would really chose the divorsed dp. Perrin,invidia style dp's.

In theory, the divorce would make higher power. By actual numbers, it tends to make a negligible difference.

On the search for a new DD...

I have herd that you will get more hp with the divider in the dp. more hp and more torque and much more response from the car. I would really chose the divorsed dp. Perrin,invidia style dp's.

How come there dyno graphs don't show any increase over other brands? No one is claiming there design makes more ponies than another at this point. Thats because in the real world it makes no noticeable difference. Our cars are not modded enough to use the benefits.

Our cars are not modded enough to use the benefits.

Bingo! no way you can tell the diff between the two at stage 1, 2 or even 3 for that matter.

OP, as long as the fitment is good, go with the cheaper one, or even look for a used one. I've bought most of my mods used and have had no issues.

hmmm so im leaning towards the erz one good price and according to other users fitment is greatt...but 1 quick question does it need to b coated wit heat paint?

No. The cast iron bellmouth is painted with silver 1000 degree paint. The rest of the pipe is polished stainless.

hard to find a used one and b the first 1 in line lol

^X2

Agreed! A used DP in good shape for a good price vanishes FAST because it takes so many LGT most of the way to stage 2. I got very frustrated looking for a decent used dp that I posted a WTB (want to buy) post looking for a dp for $250-300 and after very little luck MSprank posted in my thread pointing out ERZ for $30 more shipped

I checked out deals for ERZ DP and I got a catted DP and GMK exhaust for $600 shipped. Totally awesome deal. Hard to imagine I was considering spending $500+ on a DP when I first joined this forum.

Archived