LegacyGT.com

Ipod cord

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=4152&seq=1&format=2

What I used in the past before I put the ipod adapter in the car. Also check out the website for any other cables you might need around the house. I've placed 3 orders from there now and there stuff is great. Most of it is in the car surprisingly.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=4152&seq=1&format=2

What I used in the past before I put the ipod adapter in the car. Also check out the website for any other cables you might need around the house. I've placed 3 orders from there now and there stuff is great. Most of it is in the car surprisingly.

No quality issues with no-name brands like that cord?

No problem guys. I buy a lot of stuff from there. They have cheap packs of zip ties, which I love :)

RJ I haven't seen any quality issues at all. I used to run a 25ft HDMI 1.3 cable from my pc to my tv and run 1080P and it was the same if I watched a blue ray from my PS3 to the same tv via a high quality cable.

Right now I have a 12ft 3.5 to 3.5 headphone jack cable, a 12 or 15ft RCA cable, and once the 15ft USB to USB Mini cable comes in, all running in my car. Between the extra input for the nav screen and aux sound (added a second jack) and then the USB is for the tactrix cable. Buy longer then what you think you will need and you'll still be paying less then if you go to a electronic store for their shortest length cable.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Ya man, monoprice is AWESOME. I bought a lcd monitor mount on there thats a 3 way, swiveling/tilting powdercoated mount for up to a 25" lcd for 20 bucks. and it is a good quality product.

Now that your question is answered I will change the subject a little.

Anyone know the best place to buy the ipod interface? And is there a difference if running a stock navi or not?

I bought mine from Fred Beans. Also there is no difference if you have Nav or not. It works with just the radio and nothing else.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

I don't know if you ordered the cheapo 1/8" to 1/8" plug already but I have a good solution for you.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3898889

I picked this up today for my iphone 3gs. The 08 has an aux input and cigarette lighter plug in the center console, and there is a notch by the lid to let a cable pass through. Plug in the charger and the aux input cable and just run the ipod/iphone hookup though the lid.

This way you are getting audio from the bottom of the unit as "line out" instead of the headphone plug. The headphone plug is volume controlled from the ipod/phone and will have different sound characteristics. The sound quality is better and the volume consistent though the bottom plug. When someone calls, it pauses the music (also in pandora) and my phone rings as usual. And yes the cigarette plug is switched through the ignition. The music also pauses when the ignition is switched off so the music will start where it left off.

http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pRS1-6904058w345.jpg

Hey thanks choppedair. That is a great solution to forking out the money for the ipod interface. I still am not done entertaining the thought of the interface. I have researched this thing but I am still unsure as to WTF it is... What exactly is the Ipod interface? Is it something you install in your car or on your Ipod? Also, I know it charges the Ipod but does it power it down once the ignition is off?

The ipod interface is a black box that gets plugged into the radio where the sat radio would go. Then a cable from the ipod is plugged into the black box. The ipod does turn off when you shut the car off and if you put the radio or a cd on it pauses the song and then resumes it when you get into the car or switch back to the ipod.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Doesn't the factory ipod interface interrupt your ability to play with the ipod while driving? As in you have to use the console controls as opposed to the ipod controls? The same way that the nav systems locks when the car is in motion.
It's cool; I'm with the band

oh nice. So You have to remove the radio to do so... Ill have to put that on my wish list.

To pull the radio and the center console out isn't hard at all. It should only take you an hour or so if your handy to take the radio out drill the hole in the center console and mount and plug every thing in then install everything back. The Ipod adapter mounts below the radio/hvac with its own bracket, its a fairly simple install.

Doesn't the factory ipod interface interrupt your ability to play with the ipod while driving? As in you have to use the console controls as opposed to the ipod controls? The same way that the nav systems locks when the car is in motion.

Correct it does, though its not hard to use the radio at a stop light. Or ask your passenger if you have one to fiddle with it. I leave my ipod on shuffle all the time so its not a big deal to me anyway.

The nav system can be override to an extent to allow you to input destinations while your moving. Its fairly easy, I did it when I put the nav in my car in.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Archived