LegacyGT.com

Asking if I am being quoted a fair price 05 LGT 5EAT

Deadleave

Going from an Impreza to bigger LGT.

Not familiar with LGT pricing (tri-state area).

05 LGT 5EAT 42k miles, pictures seem clean.

Going to look at it soon.

Private seller asking for $15k, is this in the ball park, or would I have some room to play. My original budget was 12~13k, but hard to find a LGT 5EAT, (I drive into NYC).

Also, is there anything particular I should inspect on the car, common problem areas/parts.

Thanks for any help. Growing up....I guess

What are the options on it... Limited / non-limited? Clean title history?

If you read up in the Warranty issues forum, you will see some of the common issues that occur. The 05 has a few little things to watch out for, including turbo failure due to oil starvation and a cooling fan relay recall. Overall I think the majority of 05s are doing well, if this forum is any indicator.

Asking price is in the ballpark for NADA retail value (excellent condition) but over KBB private party value, so you might be able to negotiate down a little depending on the condition of the car.

Wagon or sedan? Wagons are RARE and most desireable IMHO. That price seems in the ball park to me. I bought my 80k mile RBP LMT 5EAT wagon with 50k mile powertrain warranty for just under $14k. I've owned many cars and this is by far my favorite. If they're maintained they go and go!!

Archived