LegacyGT.com

Any advice on this car?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1585743190.html

Saw this on craigslist. I'm looking for a car that's going to be a reliable daily driver that will last me a while. What do you guys think about this. It already has over 90k but it's got a new block and he said the turbo was also replaced. I've been looking for an 05-09 GT and am willing to pay more than this for something with lower miles but just thought I'd ask what people thought about this.

Thanks,

Keith

Looks nice. How many miles are on the new block? I would definitely have a garage look at it and make sure everything is in proper working order. You said you would pay more for one, so take some of that money and have a reputable independent mechanic take a look and give you an honest opinion.

On the plus side, its already got stage 2 upgrades, so its only about $1k to upgrade the suspension to match (shocks/struts/springs and sway bars) and have a nice agressive DD that can do some track runs as well.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I know the owner of this car personally, honestly one of the nicest guys I know. He bought the car with the ricy stuff already on it and a blown motor and had it rebuilt at a highly respected shop in my area. I guess he wasn't joking when he told me a couple months ago it wasn't his style and he was looking for something else. His loss is someone here's gain . . . it's definitely a great buy with a few month old motor in it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, check out this lowballer that emailed me from Craigslist, I told him $9,000 with no mods and this is what he says...

--- On Wed, 3/3/10, kjr19425@aol.com <kjr19425@aol.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: subby

To: "John Stewart"

Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 1:09 AM

Na. Then they are so slugish. 9500 with the mods

Re: subbyWednesday, March 3, 2010 2:17 AM

To: kjr19425@aol.com

are you on crack sis? have you ever driven a stock LGT? This isn't your mom we're talking about, this turbo blows balls chica.

Archived