LegacyGT.com

Window Trim

Domain

I suppose I can take pictures later today but...

Has anyone found any problems in their exterior window trim/seals? I took my Legacy in last week to have tint installed, and while we were looking over the car, I noticed a nasty "deformity" on the window trim that wraps around the vented window on the passenger side (the small window behind the passenger rear door).

The metalish looking trim peice looks fine until you look closely, where you see what looks like a melted effect where the trim curves. This is the only place on the car where it happens, and while it is not so noticable, now that i've seen it, it's horribly annoying.

I plan on taking the car in tommorow to have the dealer inspect this problem... of course if they decide to replace the peice then I have to worry wether or not it will look "right" after the new peice is installed. :(

Thanks,

-----

Domain

100_0490.jpg.9242ff81f7ac3bb1ce83838c2fcb4b8f.jpg

the exterior window trim piece on the rear passenger side door on my car is going to be replaced under warranty. i have a wagon. the rubber part that extends beyond the window towards the back of the vehicle was folded over when i purchased car but i didn't notice it until a few days later. it has a permanent notch in it. the dealer suggested it was damaged when tint was installed but this was incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh man. I empathize. I did my tint this Wednesday and it looked great immediately.

Looked at the car last night (Thursday) and noticed the passenger rear quarter window trim melted! OK just a little bit but the car is brand new! It's minor but horribly annoying. I'll take some pictures later and post.

I'm so bummed but feel bad for the tint guy. He did a great job overall - really clean install and no bubbles whatsoever. I know he must be contracted by the shop. That small quarter window trim must cost $100 or more from the dealer and it would likely hurt. But why should I be victimized? The deformation wasn't there beofore. I watched him use a heat gun all around during the install.

:icon_mad:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived