LegacyGT.com

5eat and the FP 68hta

sschmelcke

so i got the car back today. put down around 300 horse 330 torque on a very stingy mustang dyno. it was also a conservative tune. around 20psi. my tuner said id be able to pull some bigger numbers if i had a more free flowing exhaust and header. still running stock from the DP back. dont have the dyno graph yet but it will be posted online in a few days. all i can say is that it spools basically like stock yet pulls all the way to redline. i really missed endless highway power. this sucker just keeps pulling and pulling

so i got the car back today. put down around 300 horse 330 torque on a very stingy mustang dyno. it was also a conservative tune. around 20psi. my tuner said id be able to pull some bigger numbers if i had a more free flowing exhaust and header. still running stock from the DP back. dont have the dyno graph yet but it will be posted online in a few days. all i can say is that it spools basically like stock yet pulls all the way to redline. i really missed endless highway power. this sucker just keeps pulling and pulling

Nice, enjoy the new sense of power! :)

yeah now my next issue is he forgot to disable p2004 and p2005 for the tgv's so they popped this morning. ugh. i hate cars

Opensource or Cobb? Either way that should take you 5 minutes to fix. If you wanted problem free power you should have paid $40k more :lol:

joking.

Every 5eat power thread I've read (which is basically every thread) all leads me to believe that you are a little bit in the danger with the amount of early magnified torque a TC will produce with the help of the little HTA. So basically be cognizant of how your trans is working and other important things such as shift feel (a very rough indication of atf temp) and rpm (the higher the safer). Also don't dump full power when your trans is shifting. Give it a break then. Other than that, be careful about torque breaking. Technically the center dif isn't the 5eat, but if you break it then you kind of need a 5eat to get parts to replace what you break. Good luck, save your $$$$, and don't drive like my grandma :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

yeah he forgot to delete those 2 codes. its all good now. getting a slight stumble on really cold mornings only at idle. we have been working on tuning that out. i usually baby 1-2 but after that its open game. i have never break torqued the car although i am really curious. maybe after i save up some money i will let her rip. the shifts have been feeling a little worse since the swap though.

the shifts have been feeling a little worse since the swap though.

probably only reason for that is if your tuner caused some wear during pulls. It should have no effect on the shifting. Can't tune the transmission.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived