LegacyGT.com

Got it narrowed down.....07 vs 06

carguyco

Okay here it is...narrowed down to two vehicles.

2006 LGT 5MT in Newport/Light Blue with the taupe interior....17000 miles..Colorado car....see pics here:

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/default.html?AVi=0&id=6227205&N=4294967112+69&D=90&ASTc=gt&zip=80905&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=search:findcar:used&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=14+240+190+398+9&Q=57cc2be4-468d-40f9-a493-3510d837f06a

Carfax is clean w/ one open recal...#WVB12 which is

05/06 Leg/OB MTTurbo Radiator Cooling Fan Relay #2

This is a CARMAX car so no negotiating and I need to pay to get it to my local store...

Price: $21388.00 with taxes

or

2007 LGT 5MT in dark grey with grey interior...37000 miles.....california one owner vehicle see car fax here:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=116|104|92|-17|-47|-61|19|80|94|34|3|-34|-73|-115|-59|77|-55|-28|11|21|-81|48|-65|1&partner=ATD_W

No pics available it is a very fresh trade

Price: $20251 with taxes...

What do you guys think...

Big changes as I'm aware from 06 to 07 are:

Ipod/mp3 jack...vdc if you have nav...and what else that matters?

thanks guys for all the help, I feel much closer to being able to participate as a full member here...

O7's also have a different turbo VF46 versus VF40. The VF46 has better low and mid range performance. In addition if you're planning on modding there's no need to do anything with the upipe in the 07 which will save you some money down the road.

The 20k miles isn't that signficant but again it depends on your plans. If you're staying stock forever the lower miles maybe the best way to go if the fold down seats and aux-in aren't important. From a resale perspective the lower miles versus the newer model year will most likley be a wash.

Low Low Low mile 06 that is almost 5 years old...

Or relatively low mile 07 that is almost 4 years old...

Bright blue 06 with light colored interior...

Dark grey 07 with grey interior....

The 06 is tempting....but I hate CARMAX....no haggle my ass...I hate that. I don't think they are overpriced but boy I hate paying 499 to get it here....and I want to finance my sales tax so I cannot fly out for 75 bucks and pick itup...probably be a wash after gas and gambling anyway (it's in vegas).....

the 07 isn't local either....60 miles away, so if I have a problem w/ it...could be a pain in the ass getting it fixed free....

I think the grey is a nicer color..but the blue is tempting it is practically brand new...

Are brand new Subaru California cars different in any way such as more emissions etc? I know lots of brands do different things to cars intended for Cali...as well as tons of new cars not from Cali can't be registered in Cali unless they are 50 state emissions cars...

FWIW...now there is an 05 tossed in the mix...the guy just called me today, fresh traded..

05 LGT 5MT...Black....Lt Grey interior....40k.....$17993 out the door...clean carfax...

I dunno that doesn't seem like that great of a deal. I got my 05 non limited in 2007 for less than that with only 19K miles on it..

I would definitely go with the 07. Aux port is amazing, no need to deal with stupid fm transmitters and whatnot to use my ipod. Fold down seat are a must for me. I snowboard and being able to fold the seats down in the back to put my board in the trunk instead of messing up my body lines with a roof rack is a huge plus.

Prices seem a bit on the high end for the 07 though. I paid $23k for my 08 last August with 30k miles. I find it hard to believe an 07 only depreciated $2k in that amount of time. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Any car without folding rear seats is a no-go for me. It comes in real handy when hauling something semi-large stuff around.

^x2 *EXCEPT* I overlooked it for my '05 beause I also have a Durango. If this was our only car, it would have been a deal breaker.

Prices seem a bit on the high end for the 07 though. I paid $23k for my 08 last August with 30k miles. I find it hard to believe an 07 only depreciated $2k in that amount of time. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Keep in mind that is with taxes etc...the actual price for the 07 is 19139.00

Glad you bought the 06 I hate CarMax....

Archived