LegacyGT.com

Bumper Disassembly Question

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install some pretty serious Hella 700FF auxiliary lights with 100W bulbs, and I'm looking for a good place to install them. They will be used only in the rally I'm getting ready for, so no worries about them being strictly road legal.

I want to attach them to the bumper in front of the grill, which requires getting the bumper cover off so I can bolt some brackets directly to whatever metal is under there. However, I have NO idea how to disassemble the front end of these cars, and I'm not about to go buy a Haynes manual just for the job.

In short, how do I take off the bumper cover? Thanks a lot guys,

Colin

First off you need to take your headlights and grill off. On top there are like 10 plastic clips. On the fenders there is one screw on each side. Under the bumper there is another 8-10 plastic clips and then in the bumper opening on the top there are about 4-5 more plastic clips. Its rather easy and i have gotten mine off in about 10 minutes. Hope this helps.

If i remember correctly the middle of them prys up letting you pull them out. But no matter what your giong to break a few they are old and fragile. Its more of a pain then diffacult. If yo have 2 piece headlights with one piece being the sidemarker and one being the headlight assembly there are 4 bolts holding your headlight and one screw holding the corner light. @ on top of the headlight and one behind the grill and another behind the corner light. Incase i didnt specify earlier. Well good luck and if you ahve more questions ill try to help. Also since you have a 2nd gen legacy you should go on SLI.com its much better for our cars and may even have a walk through taking off the bumper for jdm foglights or something. Ill take a lok and post a link if i find something.

There's the gold. Thanks for the link, that will definitely help me get where I need to go. Well done! :cool:

To everyone else throwing uneducated guesses at mounting serious auxiliary lights that must withstand the abuse of rallying: just... please stop. That wasn't my question, and "fogs are fogs" couldn't be less true. I'll just save you further embarrassment and leave it at that.

There's the gold. Thanks for the link, that will definitely help me get where I need to go. Well done! :cool:

To everyone else throwing uneducated guesses at mounting serious auxiliary lights that must withstand the abuse of rallying: just... please stop. That wasn't my question, and "fogs are fogs" couldn't be less true. I'll just save you further embarrassment and leave it at that.

No problem hope everything goes well.

I think our definition of "issues" is a little different. Also, you said you were using cheap little autozone lights. These are larger and heavier. Screwing 6.5 inch glass-lense driving lights is a recipe for wobble, eventually leading to them falling off.

Archived