LegacyGT.com

DBA rear rotors, will this fit? need help

LewisI

I've got DBA rear rotors part #644 for my 08 legacy 2.0R

The discs are 266mm diameter.

When I received them I noticed the hat is sligthly different, the DBA's hat has two sections of different diameter, like the top section of the hat has a smaller diameter, but the OEM's hat has a constant diameter.

Dba 644 image by dbasteve on Photobucket

assuming all the dimensions are the same, rotor dia, total height, thickness, and holes pattern, is it possible to put them even If the hat is different?

will it interfere with the hand brake mechanism??

I appreciate any advice, thanks

Lewis

That is unlikely to work - that's a 02-05 rear WRX/Impreza rotor. The last Legacy to use that over here is MY 1999.

well I'm not based in the US, but in Mexico

the 08 Legacy 2.0R naturally aspirated was not sold in the US,

but assuming the dimensions of the discs are the same will it work If the hat is different?

My legacy has 266mm dia, 10mm thick for the rear discs, which I believe is not the same as the legacy 2.5i sold in the US

thanks

I assumed out of the US by te engine size.

I think out diameter is different - ours are 274 mm iirc. I can check a rotor.

I think it would be at least partly odd that Subaru would use the brakes from that long ago your car

well this is my first subaru, and I'm finding this car more difficult to service than what I had previously (GM Astra (opel) also not sold in US)

This brakes are becoming a headache to find the right parts, and the dealer wants to charge a fortune for the brakes without new discs, just new pads.

I've measured the rear discs myself a few times and I'm sure they are 266mm in diameter, but I'm clueless about the hat and If they will work

I will just try to have them installed I guess

Archived