LegacyGT.com

loss of power i think...

coming home day it seemed as if my car had less horse pushing. and i thought i could feel a different rumble too. like almost im running on 3 pistons??? i have know clue. but maybe an hour before that i had ramped the motor to the rev limiter for a half sec. then had gone inside for a hour and then i had to go and get my parents but yea whatever and on the way home i swear my car was different.

i have also had the CE light on for a month. ha. but how knows what that means. i have installed that 5050 mod that has been said that incorrent wiring can casue the CE light to come on. but i swear i checked to make sure the light had not come on. idk. ill un install the stuff and check.

what do i do to get the code from the car. like just the error code. im sure one of you guys will know the code from the past.....

can i just bring it to anyone that has got the computers.

sorry i just whippped this up real fast. i gotta get to bed. so tired!

you need an ob2 code reader, you can go to any autoparts store and have them read it for free. or even the dealership will let you know for free. Kragens, does it for free, i would say them over pepboys cuz they make you wait. You can also buy your own to have the cods read. once you get your code look on the forum and there should be a thread with nothing but subaru ce codes. Once you matched up your code to the one of the thread then it will tell you whats wrong.

how does your car sound, how is the idle?

its sounds meaning. like rough maybe. and with the hood open i swear i could hear ait and gases being slush/pushed around. i drive to school today. does auto vaule parts store have them. and it that code reader diff from like the cobb access port stuff.

if you think you can here some air coming from your motor a small crack or tear in any of your main vacuum lines can cause a loss in power and weird running problems. It can also throw a cel. These are kinda hard to find but if you look around your engine trying to find the noise then just replace all the vacuum lines near the noise since its cheap to do anyways. Good luck and let us know the CEL code when you find it.

ok well my car spit out 3 codes haha.

P0115 coolent temp senser i think

P0325 knoch senser i think

P0420 cat converter i think

i gotta go. in school.

ok im at home now. to explain. i was at the local garage and those code came out.

now when he went to clear them...the P0325 did not wanna leave....this is the problem with the car not having all the power i want. so i need info on how to determine if it is the whole sensor or just the wires and shit. i also noticed the car had so much more power after school. just like my reseach said. that the car runs bad when the CE light comes on(from that sensor.) my car was the same way. the CE comes on once the car is fully warmed.

i should also say that my headers where cracked hardcore about a month ago. got them fixed. i did reseach on the cat code and that guy that had that problem(same code) had crack headers. so i think its safe to say that that code is solved.

as for the temp sensor. i need a better idea what the car meant by "coolent temp sensor" ........

i am gonna bring it back in a week or so to see what comes back. the knock and temp should come back.(well just the temp. the knock stayed there)

E D I T E D

hahaha woops.. thats not a link. i was in a hurry

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/racatalog.php << thats a link haha

go to SUBARU > 1996 > LEGACY GT > 2.5L 2458cc H4 MFI (6) > Emissions > Ignition Knock (Detonation) Sensor.

are any of these the parts that i need for the knock sensor???????

is this site any good. i have ordered intake gaskets and water out let o rings and i have them now. just gotta install. i get back to you on weather or not they were the right part.

Bump... got more info now up above^^... i also figured that the the temp sensor code means the sensor could be bad... never would of guessed that in a million years. i should really check the wires and stuff before i buy new sensors. but with a 13 year old car????what do you guys think. is it worth assumming that the sensors are bad.

although!!! i do have a coolent leak........ maybe i should fix the sensor after the leak. any chance they are related??? the leak is on the water outlet o rings.

ahhh!!! sorry. bump i guess. just need so answer from people that know about these engines! i need to parts buy the weekend. i can get the coolent sensor tomorrow and thats all i need for now. the knock is unrelated to draining the coolent. that can wait.

Archived