LegacyGT.com

Attaching Break Pedal Help Please!

ycpgirl88

Hi I bought the universal type pedals at Pep Boys a while back. After a lot of work I was able to get the gas pedal one attached. However my break pedal in general isa bit too big for the other ones installation method to work. Anyone have any clue on how to attach it in a reliable non damaging way?

The first picture is of the gas pedal one attached and I put adhesive on back of brake pedal just for taking the picture. Then it fell right off. The other picture is of them not on the car.

1739452015_Picture138.thumb.jpg.35fa1c5fada7918098b9b8c24cce4fd7.jpg

808835835_Picture001.thumb.jpg.167f0074f99d3acd9ec028254a7f4d25.jpg

Try taking off the rubber on the brake pedal, first - see if that doesn't get you where you need to be, to clear the corner-clamps.

Alternatively, drill.

Either way, be *SURE* that you've got that thing secured, and that it's not going to come flying off, especially if you're the type to like to step on the lower right corner of the brake pedal.

Also, whatever you do, be sure that the BACK side of the screw/etc. doesn't protrude so far down (towards the firewall) that it prevents full pedal travel - this also includes checking to see, even if it doesn't interfere with full travel, that the hardware doesn't punch holes into your floor-mat, which can eventually cause it to "lift" or otherwise travel with the pedal, which can be dangerous for a number of reasons.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

thank you, I will try the options when I am able to. the break pedal isn't broken, in the picture I just put a poster adhesive to the bag so it held on (I was making a facebook album of my car and didn't just want one pedal on :lol:

I'd just use drywall screws.

But seriously, I think after your first drive with wet shoes and having your foot slip off the brake (or break if you insist) pedal, you will want to go back to the rubber ones.

It is still ugly.

thank you, I will try the options when I am able to. the break pedal isn't broken, in the picture I just put a poster adhesive to the bag so it held on (I was making a facebook album of my car and didn't just want one pedal on :lol:

arggh it's a brake pedal B R A KE

if you drop a plate it can break B R E A K

Archived