LegacyGT.com

Whooooooosh!

I gave the SPT intake to a friend and the Cobb intake is chilling in my basement until I finish breaking in this new short block. (spun rod bearing) :mad:

I did that on my motorcycle... fun rebuild during the winter time.

I also did it on my old car, but that was because I trusted someone and they F'ed...

So how did you spin the bearing? Did you go into red line some how? Or was it due to low oil pressure from low oil or bad oil pump?

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

So how did you spin the bearing? Did you go into red line some how? Or was it due to low oil pressure from low oil or bad oil pump?

Surprisingly none of the above. . . there was some sort of abnormality in the original short block that caused low oil pressure. From day one I've had the STi gauge set in my car and regularly watched the oil pressure gauge and it never changed . . . until the new short block went in. As soon as it went in I noticed immediately that the oil pressure was twice what it was before. I thought I had a blockage or something causing the new found crazy oil pressure, so I drove it right back to the dealer. The service writer thought a new oil pump had been put on, but after talking to the tech it was confirmed that it was indeed the original pump. The only things that changed were the short block itself and the oil pickup. The oil pickup I paid to have done preventatively while the motor was apart. (free labor) We then suspected the old oil pickup of being cracked, but I brought it back to the dealer for an inspection and it looked perfectly fine. So by process of elimination there was something wring with the original short block that was causing my low oil pressure. My oil was changed regularly every 3K miles on the dot prior to my spun rod bearing . . . which is largely why they warranty'd it.

Surprisingly none of the above. . . there was some sort of abnormality in the original short block that caused low oil pressure. From day one I've had the STi gauge set in my car and regularly watched the oil pressure gauge and it never changed . . . until the new short block went in. As soon as it went in I noticed immediately that the oil pressure was twice what it was before. I thought I had a blockage or something causing the new found crazy oil pressure, so I drove it right back to the dealer. The service writer thought a new oil pump had been put on, but after talking to the tech it was confirmed that it was indeed the original pump. The only things that changed were the short block itself and the oil pickup. The oil pickup I paid to have done preventatively while the motor was apart. (free labor) We then suspected the old oil pickup of being cracked, but I brought it back to the dealer for an inspection and it looked perfectly fine. So by process of elimination there was something wring with the original short block that was causing my low oil pressure. My oil was changed regularly every 3K miles on the dot prior to my spun rod bearing . . . which is largely why they warranty'd it.

Thats some crazy talk. Glad the warranty held true.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived