LegacyGT.com

Wheel damage repair?

joeblow

So I did a search and its been over a year since anyone has brought up wheel repair and the majority of those threads are about 05s which have different stock wheels than the 08. Long story short we had rain that turned into snow creating a thin layer of ice under about half an inch of snow and I slid into a curb last night. I wasn't going fast enough to cause any handling or steering damage that I've noticed.

But I hit the curb and got some nasty yellow paint transfer and want to know how to get it off without too much damage. Also, if i sand it off, will the wurth metallic paint that they use in other threads work on the 08 stockers? If not, what should I use to redo the wheel? Like I said, I did a search so if sanding and repainting is my best option then I'll go and find that nasa article and follow it.

DSC00804.thumb.jpg.fecbf38207aaab70d4e66ce0d5996613.jpg

DSC00805.thumb.jpg.9025fc255c7dcafe7c80cd2906ddf1bb.jpg

It's cool; I'm with the band

Do a google search or a yellowpages search for a local company in your area. Search for Alloy wheel repair.

I wouldn't sand it off. I would take a small amount of acetone DILUTED with water on a rag and very carefully try to remove the paint. Many people look down on acetone and you will want to test it on an inconspicuious area to make sure it will not take off finish of your wheel.

just my .02 cents

Archived