LegacyGT.com

no power

i could really use some help:mad:

Bro I hear you but you have not given us ANYTHING to work with at all. Telling us that your AUTOMATIC 3.0R is not super exciting is not a huge surprise to me. I don't find my currently stock 2.5GT to be very exciting (anymore) and its a manual. Did you think you were going to get massive AWD launches or something? A stock LGT will only go in the 5sec 0-60 arena with a hard launch.

If it is not any of these issues, do you have a CEL? Any mods (maybe that are counter productive)? Tried finishing the tank of some bad gas maybe?

Saying that your car feels like it has less than its rated crank power is meaningless because it DOES "seemingly" have less power, its called wheel power vs crank power. Loads more at the crank than at the wheels (mainly from mechanical loss over the drivetrain)

More information is needed if you are actually looking for some input.

EDIT: Did it USE to have more power??? Is something wrong that is different from before???

Also How do you judge how much power something has? You MAY be able to begin to guess p/w ratio but HP is something that has to be based on educated guess at the least. You could always toss it on a dyno. A 10,000lb truck with 300hp and 1000tq is not as fast as a 60hp Honda Nighthawk that weighs 500lbs is my point, I guess. It is hard to say what its base power should "seem" like. I certainly could not tell you how much power a given car has from a ride in it.

Did you drive another one of the same year back to back with yours??? Seriously waiting for answers to help.

here is the story:

a few day's ago a had a head to head race with the new wv 1.4 turbo

the car is completely stock, and i know that it produces 166bhp @6000rpm and 240n/m @ 1800rpm and it weighs about 1300kg

now mine as i know -and please correct me if i'm wrong- is 243bhp and 290n/m @4500

the race didn't start from stand still so there where no spinning tires

we where going about 30kmph and we hit it

my rmp was near a 3800 @1st gear so i wasn't short on tourqe and he didn't have much of an advantage

but we went side by side!!!!!!!

now acordind to the numbers above my p/w ratio is not that bad my car weighs about 1400kg but still i can't figure it out!!!!

i'm not that expert - unlike most of you guys are- but i know a few things that helps me understand my car and other cars...

i had the car for a year and a half now i can't find anything wrong with it!!!!!

but i still can't understand how can a 166bhp wv be as powerfull as a 243bhp legacy????

as i mentioned before i'm not that expert but i've drivin powerfull cars' I've the 2007 porsche 911 turbo and i have the nissan 350z

now please tell me have i missed some thing important or is there something wrong with my car.

i also would like some more info on the wheel power vs crank power

thanks

I'll also ask the silly question - are you sure you weren't in Intellegent on the SI-mode? That'll cut your throttle response down and make you quite a bit slower than Sport.

I was in the S-sharp mode:(

guys let me refrase the question, what could possibly cause this loss of power??

Were u feeling this drop off in 1st gear? First gear ratio does make it drop off very quickly. Find with mine that in order to keep the power on i need to shift up at abt 4000-5000......that your problem?

my car isn't turbochaged i have no power dips at sertain revs

once the car is off the ground the power just keep getting better and better

I saw and on-line review below on a 3.0R. It claims 0-60 in 7.6s. To me, there is not a big difference between car that normally runs 7.6 and an 8.0. There as many variables that can make up 0.4 sec on a 7.6 such as how time is measured, air temp, altitude, road conditions, incline... What I am trying to say is that you may be expecting more out of your 3.0R than it has. Below is part of the reveiw for an 09 3.0R I found HERE

Rated at 245 horsepower and 215 lb-ft of torque, the H6 in the Legacy is a smooth and quiet performer, and generally considered as more docile than the 243-hp turbo four. Yet it now gets SI-DRIVE, the company’s driver-selectable engine-management system, as well as wheel-mounted paddle shifters.

The car performs well when Sport Sharp mode is activated; 0-100 km/h takes 7.6 seconds, and the quarter-mile is cleared in 15.5 seconds at 146 km/h. In intelligent mode, the car is rewarding us with an average of 10.9 L/100 km, which is better than what the turbo 2.5 can do.

thanks alot 05pearl that's more like it....

if it's supposed to do 7.6 then an 8 isn't that slow after all

I'm afraid I got used to the 911 turbo and now I'm feeling a huge difference between the 2 cars

thanks again bro.

here is the story:

a few day's ago a had a head to head race with the new wv 1.4 turbo

the car is completely stock, and i know that it produces 166bhp @6000rpm and 240n/m @ 1800rpm and it weighs about 1300kg

now mine as i know -and please correct me if i'm wrong- is 243bhp and 290n/m @4500

the race didn't start from stand still so there where no spinning tires

we where going about 30kmph and we hit it

my rmp was near a 3800 @1st gear so i wasn't short on tourqe and he didn't have much of an advantage

but we went side by side!!!!!!!

now acordind to the numbers above my p/w ratio is not that bad my car weighs about 1400kg but still i can't figure it out!!!!

i'm not that expert - unlike most of you guys are- but i know a few things that helps me understand my car and other cars...

i had the car for a year and a half now i can't find anything wrong with it!!!!!

but i still can't understand how can a 166bhp wv be as powerfull as a 243bhp legacy????

as i mentioned before i'm not that expert but i've drivin powerfull cars' I've the 2007 porsche 911 turbo and i have the nissan 350z

now please tell me have i missed some thing important or is there something wrong with my car.

i also would like some more info on the wheel power vs crank power

thanks

Firstly, street racing is not acceptable on this forum to protect the members and owner; we all know that you raced the VW on a closed track (and even if you didn't we will say you did).

Now on to help...

So the first time you thought you were down on power or it seemed like you did not have as much power as you should was when you ran the VW? You never felt underpowered before?

Have you had the car since new? If so, is it behaving differently than it used to? Is your dramatic loss of power something NEW or has it always seemed that way?

Also, most of us are NOT experts but our opinions act like it.

I would wager that your Leggy should be much closer to keeping up with the 350z than the VW keeping up with it but I don't know for certain.

No check engine lights huh... Not a turbo so a $#!tty tank of fuel should not make a titanic difference....

Im stumped. Does it sound proper? Any smoke from the exhaust at all? I think the guys guessing at CANBUS issues and keeping your car in protected mode is what may be doing it.

Or maybe you are just crazy...

Archived