LegacyGT.com

Brush/Bull bar on 2009 Legacy 2.5i

Enough $$$$$$$ can get anything done....first question....WHY????

Nuf said.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Can you elaborate a bit on the gay thing? It's not like I'm going to put a hot pink one on the car. Go back to your shirley temple with extra cherries. A few weeks ago I saw a new (well, 2008 or 2009) black Chrysler 300 with one on the back to protect the rear bumper. The black on black looked good and it wasn't large at all. Nothing like the larger ones you find on an SUV. It's for the a-holes who don't know how to park and park by feel rather than know how large their vehicle really is. I know more scratches end up on your front bumper than the back because people have a harder time back up then going forward. My Sub is maroon so the black would look fine. I hate the plastic/rubber wrap-arounds that you can put on, makes the car look cheap. At least with the bar, it looks like you are making an effort to protect you bumper.

As for the NJ comment ... please note that we are nothing like those on "Jersey Shore", most of them are from NY state ... nuff said.

This isn't Nasioc, save the comments for there.

Do whatever you want to your car and be proud about it. I'm not sure about a "brush guard" but you can more than likely have someone who has experience in fabrication for rally cars do something for the front.

This isn't Nasioc, save the comments for there.

+1

Come on guys, he is new to the boards and on his 1st post you are bashing him? If I lived in a major city where people were squeezing every last inch from my parking stall, I too would be desperate.

I would recommend going the custom route because I have never heard of any kind of low profile bumper guard (for the Legacy).

Alright I wasn't trying to bash, but a brush guard or bull bar is for a truck/SUV not a legacy. Like I said light bars are nice. And I happen to have the R.I. light bar and love it. But by no means is it going to do anything other than hold your lights. I had a brush guard on my truck and it would have taken a beating, but nothing store bought is really going to offer any protection unless something custom made. Even then you are going to have to hack up your bumper, because if you get under the front end there is nowhere to mount anything substantial.

Would mounting a brush guard upfront interfere with proper deployment of your airbags in a head-on? I'm not sure exactly where the sensors are located on our cars but if you had a brush guard mounted to the frame underneath and covering the front bumper could maybe be a problem.

Dub do you have the light bar installed yet. pics? (hint)

Freeskier_22 You are right in that if you had a solid mounted (welded) brushguard it would slightly delay your air bags deploying. The sensors are behind the bumper near the corners and at center, but the delay between the brushguard smashing into the bumper could be slight enough to be catastrophic. I doubt that unless you lifted a legacy that you could get anything solid enough to go under the bumper, seeing as though my outback is higher than the legacy and my light bar still dips down a bit plus where it mounts isn't going to stand up to much. Here is a quick cell pic after I put it on. Waiting until a few more things show up in the mail before I take some nicer shots.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/dubunderpar/lightbar.jpg

• 9 months later...

You should do the same thing I did with my Forester. Rather than pay 249.99 for a Rally Innovations Light Bar I went to Home Depot and bought some flat bar.

Flat bar is a plyable and workable bar that you can form into a great light bar. It is easy to drill into and make into what ever you want. It is also cheap!

If I can do it you can!

Photo of my home made light bar on my old Forester:

http://www.submiturpics.com/images/2dt0teavgzonv3ih7zrn.jpg

After that photo I moved the plate up.

My personal info on the Rally Innovations Bar being used on a Legacy:

It will look dumb.

The bars made for the Impreza based cars don't look that bad because they have a shorter nose. The Legacy has a longer nose and a bar on the front of it would look dumb in my opinion.

Why not put some lights in the front air dam? That way you will get a nice smooth look and still enjoy extra lighting.

Archived