LegacyGT.com

smokey daze

My Legacy has developed a new problem. When I stop after a trip, short or long, the interior quickly smells of burnt oil but disappears after a few minutes. A haze also appears inside...which sometimes clings to my clothes giving me that smokey fresh scent!.

I checked the firewall as best I could and think I have all seals tight, could it be coming in through the vents??...there is a bunch of oil deposits around the base of the engine...but how is it getting inside the car???

Thanks for any ideas...

(a few hours later....) I turned off the heat before stopping and this seemed to help...but im looking for a more long term solution.

Problem number 2...I took off the hose that goes from the turbo to the throttle body....its inside is lined with oil and the inside of the Throttle body is also caked with oil deposits as well as the air lines that are all interconnected with the intake system, it still runs pretty good considering but, im sure this cant be doing any good...some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Smoke definately came from some fluids burning on the cat, i have a leaking passenger side axle seal. long story short, shit rolls down-hill so it all ends up burning off the exhaust. check under the car, it should be pretty obvious where its coming from. If not clean off all the crud from your engine and put a large piece of cardboard under your car overnight; if there is a leak this should help to identify where its coming from.

had the smell problem with my car, it was the passenger side inner cv boot , they tear all the time because of the proximity to the exhaust

+1 Replaced mine a couple months ago.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived