LegacyGT.com

Known electrical issues?

Are there any problems I need to know about?!

When we bought the car it was fine.. only odd thing was you had to flip the switch on top of the column to turn on the rear tails and front ambers.. the headlight switch worked and the lights came on either way. But without that switch on the rears lights and front ambers did not come on.

So after almost a year the battery started to drain? This is the third battery.. I can't figure out what is draining the battery? The alternator charges fine. Makes me wonder if it is something to do with the switch?

Other issue is we have no dash/hvac lighting that works. It almost seems like the dimmer switch does not work but I cannot find the dimmer/wipper switch that goes on the column anywhere! I'd like to replace that and see if it fixes my lighting issue. Makes me wonder if that is what is shorted, if it is the top switch on the column, or something else?!

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

The dimmer switch should be on the turn signal stalk. You turn it for dark or light. But, I'm betting the lights are probably all burned out, it happens.

You shouldn't have to use that switch on top of the column to turn the lights on. Check all your fuses and relays to make sure there aren't any blown.

Archived