LegacyGT.com

1994 Legacy twin turbo engine problem please help (revs drop at accelarating)

It's a 1994/10 Legacy twin turbo BG-5

This happens very randomly under throttle

I will accelerate from a standstill get to about 40-60km/h and let go off the gas a little and my revs drop to about 1 rpm I try to accelerate again to get the rpms back, but I just hear the engine reving, occasionally I can get the rpms back and get the speed back, but when this happens and the revs drop below 1rpm I get a check engine light. I pull over, restart the car everything is fine again, then It happens 30 minutes or 1 hour later under throttle.....

any thoughts ?? the car has just over 100k..

at first it started happening when I was turning and accelerated from a standstill

more info :

as I accelerate and build up boost I constantly hear a strange noise, the best way I can describe it is: Imagine a blow off valve building up air as you accelerate, but releasing air in small bursts constantly and I can hear the constant releases.

here is the video it sounds like some sort of a leak, but not sure if it has anything to do with the problem

also, there is a water moving-type noise going down a pipe or a hose right behind my climate control under throttle sometimes and when I'm turning which I thought was power steering fluid at one point

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

Archived