LegacyGT.com

REV limit increase??

zeusdog34

I have a 07 LGT and i want to raise the rev limiter.. i have the Av2 and street tuner. I just cant figure out how to change the limit, can someone please help : ) actually when i open the street tuner file/program I can see where and how to increase the rev limit but not sure how to program to ecu??

thanks

matt

you need to connect to a live ECU and then make the change. It will be stored temporarily until the battery is disconnected. Or you can save as an accesstuner race file and then convert the accesstuner file into a flashable tune using access manager (same file format as the OTS maps).
On the search for a new DD...

Many people want to rev it out longer for other reasons that maximum average whp for a run.

-AutoX

-certain situations where you want to rev it higher vs shift

There are reasons, not sure if they apply to the OP, but there are.

you need to connect to a live ECU and then make the change. It will be stored temporarily until the battery is disconnected. Or you can save as an accesstuner race file and then convert the accesstuner file into a flashable tune using access manager (same file format as the OTS maps).

That sounds awfully involved.

On the UTEC, you simply type "7500" under "rev limit" and push enter.

I never understood why people used the AP...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That sounds awfully involved.

On the UTEC, you simply type "7500" under "rev limit" and push enter.

I never understood why people used the AP...

It's the same thing in StreetTuner or AccessTuner-Race. You just need to have the cable connected to the car and the laptop and be in "Live Tuning" Mode. Then all you have to do is go into the Misc. Folder(bottom of folder list) and open the Rev. Limiter Table, select the cel that contains the value, type in the new limit, press enter and the change will take effect immediately.

After years of tuning my car with StreetTuner-Advanced(APv1); I figured out that RealTime Values changed on the fly in ST-A while connected the the ECU are retained even when the battery is removed. However; if the map is saved to the computer, loaded into the AP with MapManager and then sent to the ECU using the AP; then the RT map data will be lost if the ECU is reset or the battery is disconnected. Just something I picked up on.

Let's kick this pig!

Many people want to rev it out longer for other reasons that maximum average whp for a run.

-AutoX

-certain situations where you want to rev it higher vs shift

There are reasons, not sure if they apply to the OP, but there are.

Yup to all the above.. And it was simple to adjust.. thanks

Archived