LegacyGT.com

Modded LGT + Spec B Owners Please Step Inside...

i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the hta68 ~

Link to "good stuff"? I have a buddy with an hta68 on his '06 STi and he isn't happy with the performance. He was tuned @ P & L, tune is solid but he wants more power. It pulls pretty hard but I'd be OK with a little more :). An 11 sec. Spec B is what I want. I don't care as much about top end as how quickly I can get there...Car will maybe see an auto x or two, the Spec B isn't my daily driver, so that's not a concern.

Why shouldn't I do the STi mani + tmic? Any negatives?

hassle of the install, that's all.

as for auto x, you definitely want something that spools fast. like an hta68 or a dom 2.5

i dont have any links - but i just know that it's THE TURBO to buy right now. i've followed my own path and went with and fpgreen and now a dom 3. i wanted something in the middle, spools pretty well but can kick some ass.

if amp posted that the hta68 spools like a vf52, that's quick spool. i actually miss quick spool

as for your buddy, what did he dyno at? the hta68 is what 47lbs/min. that's still really good. that's not much less than an fpgreen.

tell him to go meth

The hta 68 spools much like the vf52 down low but the curve doesn't drop off down the bottom.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dyno-comparisons-68hta-vf52-td06h-115434.html?t=115434&highlight=hta

That thread shows the general shape. Its not really the overall numbers that are important to compare there but more the time to make power and how that power holds through the rpm range.

Archived