LegacyGT.com

Headlight

nicenlow

There aren't really any "aftermarket" headlights available for the car. Most people around here will either make slight modifications to their own, such as blacking them out or clearing them (ie. removing the orange bit). Throwing in some HIDs is also a very common route. LED strips and angel eyes are also possibilities if you'd like to take things a step further.

If you've got a nice chunk of change hanging around and you can stand being without a car for a few days, you could look into having some work done by Lightwerkz. They do headlight modification, but it's not cheap. Give them a quick search and you can see the endless possibilities.

My driver side headlights seal is bad and a mounting bracket is broken. I have HID. Im ok with the stock look just tired of the condensation in the headlight. Sorry I shouldve been more specific the first time. Thanks for the reply.:cool:

Non-OEM full-replica replacements are available, at least for the '05-'07:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118833&highlight=headlight

If you search around a bit, you should find another two or three threads about these non-OEM replacements.

Not sure about the '08-'09, but I hope this helps in some small way.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

An idea might be to stop by a few body shops and ask who they use for aftermarket parts. If they're willing, see if they can get you price and availability on some aftermarket units. Some insurance jobs won't pay for the extra premium for OEM parts and will make repair shops use aftermarket parts instead.

Edit: And if you find any aftermarket pieces, try and post a manufacturer and price. I want cleared lights without putting my car down for a day or paying the extra for bumper removal if someone was to do it.

Archived