LegacyGT.com

1999 Legacy- no power help

Wondering of someone might know what's going on with my 99 Legacy 2.2L wagon or at least send me in the right direction.

No power {esp. uphill), revs but no power, and it sometimes putts or chugs when giving it gas. I can go about 30 mph fine, but won't go any faster. I was going to look at the EGR, but I don't think there is one on this year/model and I recently changed the fuel filter, which may or may not be related. I know it could be quite a few things, but the car is in decent condition, so I'm thinking it's something simple. Any ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

Nope, but it's been at least 4 or more months since, although not a ton of driving was done during those months. Also, I checked the wires and plugs by taking off each wire from the coil pack and putting it back on with the engine running and they all went from a bad engine to a smoother one. Also, put seafoam in, with no results yet.

A separate issue is that I've always had a surging idle. The idle drops like it's going to stall but never does and then goes back up, but only while idling and I haven't been able to find a vacuum leak.

Archived