LegacyGT.com

BH/BE STI Engine Mounts.

Just wondering if anyone has installed STI Engine mounts in their BH/BE Legacy? I've had a set sitting in the garage for about a year now, originaly bought from Rallispec they advised that MY01 mounts intended for an Impreza would directly mate to the MY01 BH/BE with little or no problem. However the OEM mounts on the Legacy are circular mounts, which I believe are liquid filled. On top of that the metal backing plates dont seem to line up on the frame. A Rallispec tech. told me that it has been done in their shop but I needed a hydraulic lift and a crow bar. So I put them away and forgot about them. Now I have a fire lit under me to get them in. Anyone who has done this and can give some feedback, please do so. Thanks.

I have Sti engine and tranny mounts on my '01 Legacy wagon, they are great. Very easy to install, especially the tranny mount. I didn't have circular liquid filled mounts though....that sounds kind of wierd. Anyways, they fit without issue for me. The ones I bought were meant for GC as they both use the 2.5 drivetrain. This was actually one of my favorite mods for the car.

Tora, thanks for the reply. The guys at rallispec were bewildered by the liquid filled mounts. I haven't talked with anyone else about them, so I assumed it was something common to the MY01 legacy only. However I guess thats not the case. Unless your legacy is a sedan and it's something that's on the Wagon. Either way the guys at Rallispec then told me to go and get the backing plates for an 01 Impreza and that should solve the problem. Well that was last year I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. I'll post the results ASAP. Thanks again. BTY what other mods do you have? Is it a BH or BE?

Archived