LegacyGT.com

FP Green Power on Stock 5MT

blaze165

I have 740cc, walbro, ecbs, right now on my car but i dont have the fmic yet. im going to get the fmic and put on the green.

here is my whole mod list, you see something i should add just let me know

Big tmic (going to get fmic)

TGV deletes

STI intake mani

VF39

Ported exhaust manifolds

catless UP/DP

custom 3in Exhaust

off brand turbo inlet

K+N typhoon

step colder plugs

grimmspeed ebcs

going to get a clutch also

I've read first-hand reports here of the ACT HDMM slipping with a GT30 and a 20G+meth, so I don't think it's a good idea for a Green. It might work, but it's borderline. I was going to go that route, but after reading about its limits I chose a Bullyclutch stage 2 clutch / stage 4 pressure plate for my ATP 3076 setup. LittleBlueGT was using the same combo with his AVO 380+meth in super cold weather (AVO 380 is similar to a 20G).

However I've also heard good things about Clutchmasters' FX-300 with 3076-size turbos, from a couple people at NASIOC. It was kind of a coin-toss between that and the Bullyclutch hybrid.

is it more harsh on the transmission? i know that you dont want to go with a clutch that grabs super hard

I can't really say since mine is still in a box, but LBGT seems to feel it's quite drive-able. The Bully stage-2 and Clutchmasters FX300 are both disc clutches, not pucked, with kevlar friction material. I'm sure that pucked clutches with carbon or metallic friction pads grab a lot harder.

EDIT: and these have sprung centers rather than solid hubs.

you only worry about your tranny if you are launching your car.

the HDMM is not a problem on my car. fpgreen and 100% meth

This is just not true. Mine snapped 3rd gear doing a rolling log on my 30r stock location turbo. Anything over 350whp/tq is a ticking bomb.

The street clutch wont hold anything much greater than 350wtq either.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

This is just not true. Mine snapped 3rd gear doing a rolling log on my 30r stock location turbo. Anything over 350whp/tq is a ticking bomb.

The street clutch wont hold anything much greater than 350wtq either. Its rated torque capacity is 420 crank torque. Do the math.

Also dont count on your engine lasting very long at greater than those power levels either. Yes a few have, but the majority of people on this forum asking for more have gone through engines.

Sorry to bring the bearer of bad news, but its true.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

you only worry about your tranny if you are launching your car.

the HDMM is not a problem on my car. fpgreen and 100% meth

Have you really run 11 seconds with it, as your car description implies?

If so, congrats!

1) The ACT HDMM clutches will not slip under FP Green power. If ALL you do is launch the car, then it probably won't hold up. But if you are even remotely responsible, not drag racing from every stop light, then it will hold up just fine. It's drag racers who complain about them not holding up.

2) I wouldn't try the bully clutch. The only one I have seen had a pressure plate so stiff, it would ROUTINELY pop the clutch fork off of the pivot ball. Not worth the drama. Use an ACT HDMM, and call it a day.

3) As for the stock 5MT holding up, I see enough broken Subaru transmissions to have some experience. The LGT gears are moderately larger than the 06+ WRX gears. Don't, in even the most remote sense, think that you won't have ANY problem making 350whp with a stock gearset. The chances of it holding up for a while are pretty good, but I would always anticipate and worry about her letting go. Anything over 300whp, and I wouldn't trust a stock 5MT for any kind of reliability.

At 350whp+, I'd start considering a 6MT or an aftermarket gearset. At the VERY least, save a few grand in the bank for that rainy day when your transmission decides to go AWOL.

Launching is not the only thing that hurts transmissions. Any kind of shock load is going to negatively effect the transmission. That means hard up and downshifts, as well as launching. Keep in mind, though, that even void of any of the above, you can still blow the transmission. You won't be the first to have everything shit the bed while just driving along.

Just my $.03

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Either 6MT or built 5MT. The choice is more about what you do with the car than anything.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived