LegacyGT.com

Steering Rack Mounting?

BAC5.2

For the 08/09 LGT/OBXT how does the steering rack mount?

Is it a direct mount, like the latest iterations of the Sti, or is it the old 4-bolt style like the 04/05 STi?

I read the thread about the Spec-B rack vs. the LGT rack, and how they are apparently the same thing.

The yacht-like steering of the Outback leaves a LOT to be desired. I was driving my wifes' 09 Impreza last night, and the steering in that car is leaps and bounds better than in my Outback.

Are my only real options to do the quick-column, a Q-Rack, or an LGT rack?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My experience with quick-columns is a little sour. They tend to have a little slop in them, inherent to the gearbox they use. A co-worker has an L&E column in his race car, and the play would bother me.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

hmm to each his own if you lived in colorado id let you drive my car and you might change your mind.. FWIW if I had the time and $ I would have gotten a Q-Rack I just couldn't justify $12-1500 and I am totally happy with the L&E one ... ask your buddy how long he has had his in his race car.. I was reading up on them before I got em and you can repack em with grease.. mine has about as much play as stock, maybe 2mm more at the bottom but after the first hour you don't ever notice.. good luck

• 1 year later...

Archived