LegacyGT.com

93 legacy sport suspension

I have a legacy which seems to sound like its bottoming out any time I go over a decent size bump. There was no air suspension switch inside and I couldnt see a compressor next to the drivers wheel under the hood.

I took off the rear strut cover and noticed two wires and an what appears to be an airline attached to the top strut housing....????...any thoughts

Any pictures? The turbos never came with air suspension, but maybe someone swapped them in there? That is always a possibility.

Either way, see if you can get a set off struts off a 93-01 AWD Impreza or 92-94 AWD Legacy. They are the same struts, same tophats and everything.

That does look like the fuel tank. Many small nuts of a dimension too weak for suspension.

But it's hard to tell since there is no overview pic.

Do you have it on both sides or only on one side? And do you have any at the front?

And I know that some cars may have a load leveling suspension, so it may be that.

453747.png

Thanks for your reply...I had the same thought and should have checked the other side before posting the photo, the other side is the same with a few more lines...fuel lines by the looks of it. ( One thing Im not is any kind of a mechanic...thats why Im using the wonderful knowledge of this forum!)

Anyone know an easy way to get to the rear suspension top mounts??

Thanks guys

Take the rear seat out. It's a complete pain in the ass.

There are 2 bolts that hold the bottom cushion in, and 3 that hold the back in, which are accessible once you get the bottom cushion out first.

Once you get them out, you'll see the access hole for the mount.

It isn't much room, and this would be the suckiest part, because getting all 3 of the nuts off of the perch is virtually impossible with a socket, you have to get an open end wrench and slowly but surely spin them off.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived