LegacyGT.com

My Legacy 1990 turbo 2.0 (manual) starts to jerk when I push her hard

Hi Guys,

When I accelerate very fast she starts to jerk really hard http://www.thesubaruforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

In the beginning we thought it could be because of the older turbo design but the guy I met yesterday told me his Legacy GT (same as mine) accelerated smoothly and he even didn't know what I was talking about.

So now I'm thinking there might be a fuel issue (pump, filter, injectors or something like that).

I really need to address this issue as I don't want to ruin the engine after we replaced HGs etc.

Has anybody ever had this sort of problems or has anyone an idea?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
is your car from somewere else than the states?? I thought all the old legacy turbos had the ej22t the 2.0L engines are twincam with bigger turbos! was the engine swapped in there? mine doe's that but its got some issues as I swapped in a ej20g and its running off the 22ts ecu and its also got a leaking brake booster! so theres a few things that are making mine do that but sounds like either smoe fuel cut or bad spark!! but ya

is your car from somewere else than the states?? I thought all the old legacy turbos had the ej22t the 2.0L engines are twincam with bigger turbos! was the engine swapped in there? mine doe's that but its got some issues as I swapped in a ej20g and its running off the 22ts ecu and its also got a leaking brake booster! so theres a few things that are making mine do that but sounds like either smoe fuel cut or bad spark!! but ya

Hey, the car was imported to New Zealand from Japan and has a factory EG20 engine in it. The turbo is a factory one too and is an average sized one.

Do you think our problem is somehow related to the brake booster?

And what do you mean under 'smoe' fuel cut?

There were even cases when my engine stalled for a second.

I'm going to check my fuel pump first and replace the fuel filter.

Let me know how you're fixing your problem.

Cheers

I meant some fuel cut!! lol but ya did you try adjusting your throttle position sensor?? mine was really bad untill I had the Iac and the thottle position sensor adjusted proper to my setup!! but ya look for vaccum leaks!! but ya the american turbos were even smaller than the ones on the 2.0L's! from over there! I have an engine like yours swapped in my car it"s been kind of a pain!! but the car is kind of done so ya!!

Mine missed badly under load at 100,000Km due a faulty ignition coil. Two had hairline cracks in the neck area where the spark was leaking. I got replacements from a wrecker at that time because they were too expensive new then.

At 400,000Km needed a full set as same fault happened again. This time three tested faulty. Had more money so bought new. Also change all spark plugs each time.

Goes like new.

Archived