LegacyGT.com

Transmission Temp Guage Location

KyLegacy 2.5GT

Hey guys, I've tried searching the forums for locations of where people tied in their transmission temperature gauges and couldn't find anything. I currently have a tranny cooler installed and was thinking about putting the sensor in line before it goes back into the tranny. I really don't want to pull down my pan and drill into it for this sensor. Are there any other locations that would be better suitable? I made up a brass T that has barbed fitting on the two opposing ends and the the last opening has the sensor fitted to it. This way I can tap into any of the flexible tranny fluid lines. Please let me know your thoughts or if you can find any other threads.

Thanks!

*Can one of the MODs change the title to say 'Gauge' instead of 'Guage'?*

Yeah, no luck finding one. I would need a M18x1.5 with a 1/8"NPT hole through the center. Autometer supplies two with the kit, but they are standard size plugs. I looked at McMaster Carr, Google, Napa, Summit, etc, and still can't find anything similar. I may just have to stick with the T fitting I made for now unless anybody else knows on a plug that would work.

Archived