LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT Pricing!!!

zook_b

Hey! New here. The name is Brian.

I'm looking at a '05 Obsidian Black Legacy GT. They're asking 12,997 for it. KBB says 11,295 for "Excellent" condition.

Things I noticed from a test drive:

-The drivers map light is out. No biggie.

-The rear cupholders are missing. Like there is a hole where they're supposed to be in the center console.

-The "Balance" button on the stereo sticks in the cold but frees up when warm.

-The headlights have some hazing, couldn't tell if it was only on the outside or the inside also.

Other than those things it's a clean car from what I could tell.

What should I offer for it? Assuming the wife okays it. lol

Would 9,500 be too low?

Thanks for the help!

111,000 miles, sorry, I thought I had put that in my original post. It's not a Limited model. Just the plain GT.

I looked in the engine bay, no signs of a wreck, didn't see any mods but the guy said it had an aftermarket BOV. I couldn't see it. They're on the IC just like a WRX right? I'm going by the dealership tomorrow with the wife. I'll snap some pics of the engine bay. Any particular spots that should warrant a little more looking into? It also looked like a stock airbox.

There wasn't a cover over the pulleys. Don't know if there was supposed to be one but there looked to be places where something could fasten to.

I have an 05 non-limited like the car you are considering. I have 65,000 miles and also notice the plastic on the headlights has fogged a bit on the left side. Looks like the plastic has fogged on the inside part.

To see the BOV, you must take off the engine cover. The BOV it attached to the right side of the intercooler. Stock is black plastic.

If you can, have a mechanic put it on a lift and check it out. Many of the Legacys will have ripped lower control arm bushings. It is not a big thing, but will cost you $125+ labor for some nicer after market ones. Also have them check the sway bar endlinks and the sway bar mounts. The stock ones can break/bend especially if larger sway bars were added.

$13,000 seems high for the milage, but I don't think the dealer will go as low as $9,500

Archived