LegacyGT.com

time for a new front bumper...

Colonel Angus

now, before i get the 'search the forums' smack down, i have this caveat - i'm currently in a hurry, so bare with me.

i need to get my fender replaced. right now, i'm looking at an OEM replacement. the dealer quoted me in the neighborhood of 600 bones - 260 for the front bumper, 300 something dollars for paint and install. to me, that seems a little pricey. even the service manager said to look around before i pull the trigger.

would it be less expensive to go aftermarket? if so, what are my options?

thanks!

pricey? perhaps, but i really think that if you try and go aftermarket it will cost at least $600 just for the bumper, that may or may not be painted, and that also may or may not include shipping...not to mention the time it could take to get here. Then you have to install it...

I don't even think we have a definitive answer as to the need for the JDM beam or not.

I agree with looking into it, you never know, but i think money wise the cheapest will be the stock replacement.

$260 for the stock un-painted bumper, but some aftermarket grills are going for almost $400 if that might give any hint.

if i needed body work i would try suden impact in mundeline. i think thats the town its in. i cont give a number or website that i know of. but they seam to do realy good work. not sure on pricing or if its even close enough to u.

mundeline's kind of a haul for me - roughly an hour. it looks like i'm going to have to get a new front bumper, so i'll have to man up and get it done. thanks guys, for the suggestions.

:D

Archived