LegacyGT.com

Snow in engine bay

Today, went to visit my parents, and there road hadent been plowed yet. So, good fun, plowing through drifts that were easily 15 to 20 inches deep without trouble of course :cool:. I did that for a distance of about half a mile since thats how long there drive way is, a large portion of which was drifted. When I parked I noticed a bunch of steam rolling out of the scoop and front of the car. No biggie, I've seen that before after playing in the snow, but just to double check I popped the hood to have a look. I have never seen so much snow in the bottom of the engine bay...lol...:lol:. I couldn't see the lower radiator hose, or the cross over pipe there was so much. It of course stopped steaming eventually, but there is a bunch of snow left, and its packed in pretty good. Anyone ever have any issues with a bunch of snow in there? I can't see what it would hurt, but figured Id see what others have noticed.

I would expect a chance of throwing an accessory drive belt off the pulleys.

That was about the only thing I could see being an issue, that and if it got packed into the fans. I did make sure the fans were clear, and its not high enough in the front to get near the belts. Its higher on the sides near the valve covers. Probably take a month to evaporate/melt with it as cold as it has been...lol...:rolleyes:

Looked again today after running some errands and a bit of it has melted. Obviously just from engine heat since it was only 20ish outside today. Still a good pile on each side left though, and some pretty sweet icicles hanging off the skid plate.

LOL ! Do you find you've got better traction up front with all that extra weight ? :). (Reminds me of the days we used to put sand bags in the trunk during winter months for traction !)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived