LegacyGT.com

Adustable sway bar question.

jim1969

I think they screwed up.. The bar is naturally either a 19 or 20mm.. the hole closest to the tip of the bar is the soft setting, and the one furthest away from the tip of the bar is the stiffer setting.

EDIT: Not sure what the nomenclature is for Whiteline, I guess the closest hole to the end of the bar is 19mm, the "20mm" is the actual size of the bar, and the 21mm is the remaining hole.

Keefe

Keefe

I run a 21mm bar that has a setting that goes to "23mm" setting... my front bar is also 23mm. My car is already driftable as it is. As for street driving, it will really put the stress on the tires.. once you overload the tires' grip capacity, the rear will be all over the place. So in all, it really depends on how you drive.. if you make a lot of driving errors, it's going to show a lot. The rear will come out and it might be hard to save the car. If you are a smooth, slower driver, then no, the rear should stay pretty predictable and pretty much stay put while give you a better feel for where the limit of the tires are.

Keefe

Keefe

Nope. The specs on the Rallitek site are wrong. It is considered a 20mm bar with 2 settings, hard and soft. I called Whiteline last night. They recommend only using the corresponding holes on each side, not one of each. So I guess their 20mm bar is really either 19mm or 21mm. The part # for the front is BSF30Z (21-23mm or a 22mm bar) and the part # for the rear is BSR39Z (19-21mm or a 20 mm bar).

Nope. The specs on the Rallitek site are wrong. It is considered a 20mm bar with 2 settings, hard and soft. I called Whiteline last night. They recommend only using the corresponding holes on each side, not one of each. So I guess their 20mm bar is really either 19mm or 21mm. The part # for the front is BSF30Z (21-23mm or a 22mm bar) and the part # for the rear is BSR39Z (19-21mm or a 20 mm bar).

Well that eliminates whiteline. :lol:

Although WRX Evolution (the vendor on Nasioc) also stated the rear was adjustable up to 24mm?

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

well, their WRX rear sway is one of the "biggest" in the industry rated at 24mm. Well, as long as SOMEONE cleared this up, it's good to know.

Moderator/Suspension-verified approved thread :D

Keefe

That sucks.....I was hoping for 24mm. :mad:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived