LegacyGT.com

Differences between 05-06 and 07+ clutches?

NSFW

05-06 can be converted to the 07+ with a new single mass flywheel and the corresponding clutch kit and pressure plate. Basically Subaru made the LGT the same style as 06+ WRX for the 07+ LGT MY. That clutch kit is very expensive.. what makes you prefer that over an ACT street setup?

-Franz

05-06 can be converted to the 07+ with a new single mass flywheel and the corresponding clutch kit and pressure plate. Basically Subaru made the LGT the same style as 06+ WRX for the 07+ LGT MY. That clutch kit is very expensive.. what makes you prefer that over an ACT street setup?

-Franz

Thanks for the info. Part of the reason it's so expensive is that it includes everything (clutch, pressure plate, flywheel) but most of the reason is that's the MSRP, not the street price. I think I can get it all for about $1000, but I'm still investigating. That's a bit more expensive than similar parts from ACT, but it should be a bit stronger too.

Since the kit includes everything (clutch, pp, fly), it should just fit, right? Or is there something I'm overlooking?

It's my 52 lb/min turbo that makes me not want the ACT street setup. :) Here's a post from j255c, who got the ACT street clutch to slip with a 44 lb/min turbo on meth:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2742277

...my turbo on straight pump gas probably makes similar torque.

Clutchmasters claims more torque for this kit than ACT does for theirs. That's no guarantee, but I'm hoping to avoid going to a pucked or multi-disk clutch and I figure the odds are better with this one than with ACT.

Archived