LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Module

Just look for a black, plastic 4" round-shaped (possibly with a "cone-shaped" end) piece that has a hard, black, 1/4" thick cable coming out of it and going to the throttle body. Cable should loop along the firewall and then go into the throttle body. I'll see if I can find a view of it from my FSM.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Correct! The FSMs have them in the same place for all the BDs. Typically don't seem them moved unless the owner needs the firewall space for something else.

even if it is somewhere random. There are 2 cables to the throttle body, one is thicker and goes into the firewall to the gas pedal. The other is thinner and goes to the CC unit. So follow it to wherever that unit may be hiding.

And if there is only one cable your car may lack the cruise control.

It may have been removed earlier for some reason, or it may never have been there. And if you have a lever for the cruise control in the car it may be that it was added later by someone planning to install the cruise control but then aborted the project.

453747.png

... And if you have a lever for the cruise control in the car it may be that it was added later by someone planning to install the cruise control but then aborted the project.

Or just changed out the steering wheel from a CC Subaru and left the CC switch on it. I've actually seen that on a Impreza Brighton.;)

• 1 year later...
the module is under the dash somewhere with about 20 wires coming out of it. the picture is pointing out the cruise control motor that physicaly drives the throttle body. there is also a cruise control pump that is usually on the passenger fender by the AC dryer with a vacuum tube going up to the motor

One other thing, if it is like my Impreza, the CC lever power actually runs through the horn relay. if the relay goes out the CC won't work, the light on the button on the dash will come on but the lever won't set it.

Archived