LegacyGT.com

Heated rear seats

bakabakablah

As I was getting into my car with my friends last night, I turned on the heat for the front two seats but the passengers in the back were complaining that it was unfair. This got me thinking... has anyone attempted to mod the rear seats and get them heated somehow? A quick search showed nothing of the sort, and as far as I can tell it seems like it should be feasible if one were to get spare heating elements, wiring, an extra switch, etc.

How difficult do you all think this would be (I'm guessing at least a 10 hour job + a teardown of most of the interior)?

the back cushions come out quite easily...

back rest...i'm sure bolts on somehow.

only problem i'm foreseeing is the wiring for the cushions. what happens if you need that out for some reason? is it going to be a detachable wire (harnesses to detach or are you going to have to cut the wire)?

i dont think it's really a big deal either but - the gas tank is literally under the rear seat cushion.

i dont think it's really a big deal either but - the gas tank is literally under the rear seat cushion.

Seat heaters aren't open flames....

I've had friends who have ordered and used kits from this site:

http://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/seat-heater.asp

to do exactly what you want to do.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

the back cushions come out quite easily...

back rest...i'm sure bolts on somehow.

only problem i'm foreseeing is the wiring for the cushions. what happens if you need that out for some reason? is it going to be a detachable wire (harnesses to detach or are you going to have to cut the wire)?

I doubt I'll need to do anything to the rear seats after installation other than the occasional use of the seat folding action... I can't imagine a scenario where I'd need to take it out (maybe except for a thorough cleaning).

Maybe the gas tank being under/near the rear seats was one of the reasons why there was no option of heated rear seats... even if it isn't an open flame, if the heating element were to be on and the car were to get into some sort of freak accident that splits open the tank then the situation going from bad to worse isn't entirely out of the question. Perhaps I'll just throw the people in the back a blanket and tell them to suck it up from now on :lol:

Archived