LegacyGT.com

gf wants a legacy

RoyB

Convinced her to look at the legacys, now she wants one. Is there a big difference between the 2.5turbo and NA model? What about the trans? She wants an automatic, so trying to find a gt automatic is pretty hard, plus the non GT models are more in her budget and plentiful. Looks like 10K miles on 08s and 09s are going for 15-16K.

I saw a link that described the differences betwen models- looks like the limited is a step above the SE. I think we need dual climate control on this car lol. Anything else to keep an eye out for?

Convinced her to look at the legacys, now she wants one. Is there a big difference between the 2.5turbo and NA model? What about the trans? She wants an automatic, so trying to find a gt automatic is pretty hard, plus the non GT models are more in her budget and plentiful. Looks like 10K miles on 08s and 09s are going for 15-16K.

I saw a link that described the differences betwen models- looks like the limited is a step above the SE. I think we need dual climate control on this car lol. Anything else to keep an eye out for?

:lol: The LGT came into our family to replace my fiancee's ancient car. I think it is a brilliant choice: You should see the wreck LGTGirl survived! Safe car!!! It sounds like performance is not a priority for your girl - why spend the premium on a GT and insurance? The money saved could get you some nice wheels, an insane sound system, HID, PS3, trip to Hawaii...

My girl needed a stick, wanted more power and admitted to Ross @ Glendale Subie that the clutch was toast from her lead foot. Sound systems need not apply!

LaLGT

she doesnt need the power. There are tons of SE around here, only 2 limited it looks like. Dang.

If you need the extras... Again, it depends on what you want. I have an UNlimited. No moonroof, no leather. I prefer cloth (seriously!!!) and could not give a damn about a whole in the roof that may one day leak. But that is one guys opinion and most like the opposite it seems.

her requirements are a sunroof and dark interior. i would like to see the coldweather package which usually includes heated leather seats. granted its not my car :D I told her i would pay some monthly to get a "nicer" car.

My girl needed a stick, wanted more power and admitted to Ross @ Glendale Subie that the clutch was toast from her lead foot. Sound systems need not apply!

LaLGT

Sorry you can't provide bro. ;):p

From your other thread, do you really want her in a stg3 LGT? :eek::lol:

Anyway, to the OP, how soon is she looking to buy and/or how far are you willing to go? Make sure she gets exactly what she wants especially if there is no rush. Don't settle just because something is available. Also, I don't think that the auto GTs are any less plentiful. Most of the GTs that pop up in my area are in fact automatic. If you browse the 'naturally aspirated' section here, you will find a good amount of information about the non-GT and many people who really enjoy them. I agree with LALGT about the 2.5i or the 3.0r being a good choice. Of course, the 3.0r may be a bit higher priced, but check it all out anyway.

Well, we stopped by a subaru dealer yesterday. This one had about 10 in stock. Everyone else was out. In fact, do a search for an auto under 40K miles in 60089 zip. Not many to choose from when you factor it has to be silver or black (black interior). Only 2 GTs popped up under 20K in the 200 mile search. Dealer said he got them from auctions, they were rental cars (eek). At least they were well maintained. I looked the car over and it was actually pretty flawless. In the midwest, finding an AWD car during winter time for a decent price is quite the chore.

She ended up getting a 2009 with 24K miles on it. I believe it is the SE model with sunroof and auto and mag wheels. Not a bad looking car, even though she wanted a hood scoop. This was in her budget and I think final price was around 16.5K. The financing was super low at 5.4% which made the monthlys come out to something she could afford. I assumed it would be in the 7-8% range for a used car.

As far as I could tell, no paint work was done, no scratches or dings, and the inside was super clean. I am quite impressed considering the history of it. Although with that many miles it was probably just driven and thats all that was done. For an extra $4 a month (250 total) we were able to extend the bumper to bumper SUBARU warranty to 80K miles/6? years.

I drove it today and it's really not that bad. Pleanty of torque off the line for what it is. It's a little plain inside compared to the Spec B i drove, but, it's not bad for a base model and def. beats any american car on the inside. I Would like to add a spec B in the future, but may consder an S4 because of the high price of the used specBs .

Sorry you can't provide bro. ;):p

From your other thread, do you really want her in a stg3 LGT? :eek::lol:

JoeLeo I have absolutely no worries about my fiancee's ability to drive a stg3 LGT. She is three times as capable as most men! (She also drove my full stage drag car on an unsprung puck around for some time but ***HATED*** it - then again so did i - look for her as the second driver of our LGT at upcoming events in so cal: this is her way of stopping me from dragging us into entry level rally!)

back from threadjack...

Sounds like you got what you want bro, and as far as heated seats go - HOPE YOU GOT EM! I live in LOS ANGELES where it is never really cold and on a chilly night they are lovely. I can imagine how wonderful they would be in the snow: they get hot before the engine does!!!

NOW LETS SEE SOME PICS!

Archived