LegacyGT.com

need help with an engine

i blew my motor last november, had a shop put in a used one with 40k on it. they bought from "some company in texas" so guess what happened this november....blew it agian, shop said its out of its one year warranty..barely. im not looking for legal advice, ive already looked into it. im looking for anyone who knows where i can get a decent used/rebuilt engine. website, known company? something? its a 2.5 in a 98 with manual trans

pouring oil from out of the block...somewhere. and im pretty sure a valve stem is bent or a valve got warped. and a piston is hitting on something, could be the valve but its louder than that so its gotta be something else. so instead of getting a new block and heads, i just figure get a whole complete engine and save myself the hasle of tearing this one apart and rebuilding it.

pouring oil from out of the block...somewhere. and im pretty sure a valve stem is bent or a valve got warped. and a piston is hitting on something, could be the valve but its louder than that so its gotta be something else. so instead of getting a new block and heads, i just figure get a whole complete engine and save myself the hasle of tearing this one apart and rebuilding it.

That sucks. What are you doing to this car that you have to replace the engine every year?

This time you should do a fun swap. I bet you could find a cheap ej20 to stick in there.

What are you doing to this car that you have to replace the engine every year?

ok so i have to admit when i got the car 2 yrs ago, i beat the piss out of it: offroading, dragstrip every weekend, unorganized rally events. so thats why the engine blew the first time, then i learned my lesson. so from last november to this november ive been very nice to it. i only took it offroading once in the summer and i wasnt that hard on it. and now its blown again, i have no idea why this time. i would do a fun swap if it wasnt starting to rust :mad:. if the car was rust free, i was gonna look into a 3.0r swap

Archived