LegacyGT.com

A Ford Focus you will surely love.... 401hp

fzanetti

Too bad these aren't going to be offered here ever...

PRESS RELEASE

Focus RS with 401 HP – by Mcchip-dkr GmbH

December 2009 -- Quick as a bird and dressed with sportive elegance – these are the strengths of new Ford Focus RS. But in case of Mcchip-dkr still there is another characteristic to add: it is vigorous like a purebred sports car!

The well-known software tuner from Salzgitter/Germany has perfectly attuned the performance to the vehicle. The result is only uncompromising fun from driving but also full suitability for daily use. The engine, completely overhauled by Mcchip-dkr, reaches enormous 401 hp.

Certainly tuned by Mcchip-dkr Focus RS is an outstanding vehicle in any situation. Mcchip offers two power upratings at once. Power stage 1 transforms serial 305 hp (440 Nm) into comfortable 345 hp with no less than 520 Nm. Power stage 1 consists „only" in software optimization made by Mcchip-dkr, available for 799 Euro, and your car will easily reach the speed of 271 km/h.

However it is power stage 2 for 4,499 Euro that transforms Focus RS into a whole-blood athlete. Power stage 2 gives the car even 401 hp. That is enough to accelerate RS up to 278 km/h without any problems. In addition to that the torque equals to 612 Nm. That means powerful pulling and dynamic drive. The „big" power stage consists in the enhanced intercooler and sports exhaust system, modified inlet manifold incl. tubes, special sparking plugs as well as world famous and in-house engine electronics.

Self-confident and fast – that is the look of the recent creation by Mcchip-dkr, already available...

More information about the large Mcchip-dkr Improvement - program is available under: http://www.mcchip-dkr.com

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

mcchip_focus.jpg.709be0ec55e31e91fb1527c3cf60e0bd.jpg

02_mcchip_focus.jpg.640a77f69a91ff1aa6eb4bfd816ec301.jpg

Honestly, I can't stand the looks of the pre-riced RS - it looks like the Fast and the Furious threw up on the bastard child of an Audi A3 and VW Corrado. But if (big if) they ever produced it here and toned it down a little I'd be game!

I know there is talk of the Euro Focus is being built now for the US markets. I'm going to try to get my company to buy one if this happens:

http://green.autoblog.com/2008/06/20/european-ford-focus-coming-to-us-in-2010-third-shift-added-now/

imo the legacys awd isnt all that great.

Because?

Either way, awd>fwd any day and be the LGT drivetrain as it may, it's got 4 wheels putting the power to the ground.

fwd cars can handle and hook up really good if setup right.

Handle sure, hook up, not so much at those power levels, save for maybe drag radials which is not realistic or practical to have on the car as a daily driver. I know what 350+ HP on a FWD car of that weight means. It means no traction in the first 5 out of 6 gears :lol:

I was really hoping I would see the acronym "awd" in that article, but apparently Ford truly is a bastard to the end and is keeping the AWD Focus for rally only.

Because?

Either way, awd>fwd any day and be the LGT drivetrain as it may, it's got 4 wheels putting the power to the ground.

Handle sure, hook up, not so much at those power levels, save for maybe drag radials which is not realistic or practical to have on the car as a daily driver. I know what 350+ HP on a FWD car of that weight means. It means no traction in the first 5 out of 6 gears :lol:

I was really hoping I would see the acronym "awd" in that article, but apparently Ford truly is a bastard to the end and is keeping the AWD Focus for rally only.

+1

I spend time with some Honda guys (don't judge, they're good people). A few of them have 300+whp Integras and Civics. They all admit they wish they started on a AWD or RWD platform. That much power in a FWD car is just not practice. Torque steer, wheel hop, and 0% traction through the first 3 gears is nothing I'm interested in.

For the money Subaru absolutely makes the best cars for modifying and making big power. Tell me I'm wrong...

^agreed.

top gear showing examples of Torque steer is not something i would want on the track or on the street.

although i enjoyed my driving lessons in a toyota corolla. i think city driving like in hong kong, FWD is no problem at all. but once again, too much power + FWD is always bad.

Archived