LegacyGT.com

Stock sway bar

So... just so evrybody knows, the great and all knowing subaru. USES WIMPY LITTLE GIRLY F$%#ING SWAY BARS!!!!

Anyhow i recently snapped my front sway bar right at the driver side mount, I always figured the plastic end-links would break first, im probably not the only one...

I removed the busted chunk of sheared metal out and im hoping i can make it the 50+ miles back to Sacto so i can fix this shit. If anyone has some parts or advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. :spin:

I drove my car all day yesterday without any noticeable differance in handling or road feel. Its a 99 LGT BD. I looked up the white-line bars for my car and they sound nice for a slight upgrade but I just don't have the $197 + shipping for the 20mm or 22mm.

I'm planning on going to pick and pull and try to pick one up for around $30. I figure if i cant tell any differance between stock sway bar and no sway bar that it wont be a big deal to swap in a used or possible smaller bar (whatever i can find) from another legacy, possibly 95-98 L model.

Again any advice or suggestions are appreciated

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13924

on the third post it tells you all the stock sway bar sizes and what not. Go with another 96-99lgt sway bar thier the biggest ones that fit properly. This is always good when your faq guide for when your at the junk yard and see somthing that might be in interest!.

Hey another sac lgt yay!!!! haha that makes 10 of us i think hahaha

Archived