LegacyGT.com

considering '08 spec.b

dmanaenk

Hi all,

I'm looking at a few 08 Spec.B within 2-300 miles around me. They mostly have 28-32k miles on them and one has like 17k. All at dealerships. Any idea what price range should I be shooting for? At the moment the lowest price for the higher mileage ones is around $24k, and for the 17k ones is at $25k. To me it feels like these are at least $1k high, am I wrong?

Did a few national searches using oodle, autotrader, cars.com etc.

i'v been looking too. theres a few out there. but i think because a few of these sold the last 2-3 mos at reduced prices, it has triggered a demand spike it seems like. the dealers are holding on to their pricing for dear life. i may just move on to something else.

good luck mate.

^ Its probably more about economy recovering slightly + 'cash for clunkers' hurting used car sales for few month after the program expiration.

A dilemma then: buy now, or wait until the 'double dip recession' comes around, and low ball them =)

u should definatly get one. in my opinion the 08 & 09 are the best ones due to minor details. I originally bought an 08 legacy GT limited but after driving it for only 3 months i went & traded it in fo an 08 spec.B & i absolutly love it! seeing how the new 2010 legacy's are totally lame looking (like the 08+ STI's= ford focus look) id snatch up a spec.B while u can still get one w/ the low miles. good luck... i hope u get one... & enjoy!!!!

yes, give the new ones a try. theres one in the west coast. i gave it a try. but the asking price was much too high for me. tad over 30.

if you have the money go for it. or if you can wait, then wait for it. its not like they flying off the shelves although they give you that impression. the new one i looked has been sittig at the lot for 11 mos. i knew this going in. i asked the guy how old is the car and how long its been. he said its a new car and came in less than 2 mos ago!

if you find one online at at dealer "new" send a few dealers an info request asking if there are any deals or discounts on it. i did that at the end of October, sent messages to 3 dealers that had 09 GT's, got quick responses from 2 dealers. Both were suggested retail of $30-31,000, one dealer said $28k other said $26,500...i took the one for $26,500. It had 90 miles when i test drove it. Only down side i've noticed since is that it was built 07/08, so it sat on the lot for a while. Just need to schedule an oil change (just broke 1k miles) and i have the shudder from the crappy break pads

Archived