LegacyGT.com

buying an lgt

well ive had extremely bad luck with my 98rsti and now am parting it out. I am looking for a lgt trying for 97-00.

im trying to get it in 5 speed, heated seats (do they make this), black in color, and just over all a clean car.

i will be simply modding this one with jdm fogs/headlights and retrofitting bmw projectors in there. sti brembos and suspension.

can anyone help me with the suspension since i am new to the legacy world i hear 02-03 wrx suspension fits right in.. does this mean the coilovers off my 98 rs will not unless i change top hats?

brembos can be bolted onto the spindle correct?

anythign i should stay away from in the years i want? also if you close to the new england area and know of one at a good price let me know =-]

Hey i just switched from a 300 whp wrx into a 98 legacy gt wagon. I have only had it for a week and already got jdm fogs headlights grill sidemarkers and a hid kit installed. One thing to look for is headgasket problems with the 2.5 liter motor. Your wrx struts will bolt in if you use your legacy top hats. sl-i.net is a better sight for info on 2nd gen legacys so check that out. Hope you find one cause mines slow but i love it almost more then my wrx and they are great cars

hey subajay,

that sounds like a really nice lgt you'll be looking for! I know the lgt's for 97-04 had the regular GT package, and the winter package which did come with heated side mirrors and the subaru all weather floor mats. As for the heated seats I know for the BE and BH GT's had the optional heated seats but I never seen it for the BD's. I heard of people putting in heated seats ill find that article for you. On my lgt I have jdm power folding mirrors and i dont know if all, but it seems like a good portion of them have heated mirrors if your interested in that.

that would be nice combo for the jdm headlights and fogs1 will you be retrofitting both heads and fogs or just the headlights. I dunno if you noticed but our jdm headlights and fogs do have projectors. But i understand if you want to retrofit them.

suspension wise any strut or coilover from the 02-07wrx and the 04 STi will work with our cars. I asked a friend and they said wrx coilovers need a little modification to fit on rs's so im guessing if we can fit wrx suspension just fine, then there will be a little modification for the brake line for the coilovers.

Brembo's can be bolted right on, we can use wrx rotors bolt right on without any problem just make sure that if your going with the bbk that your rims will clear the caliper

and watch out for headgaskets, as in your rs you might of experienced leaks. thats the thing dochc's the gaskets go, sochc's it leaks oil

hope this helps

haha damnn thats what i get for not hitting the post button haha i was i wrote this in the morning and lagged on hitting post till right now lol

damnit i should of just edited this info into my other post now i have two post damnnit haha oh well

heres what my car looks like only owned it for 8 days now and already full jdm front end these pics are missing the sidemarkers which i installed today.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190161.jpg

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190160.jpg

heres what my car looks like only owned it for 8 days now and already full jdm front end these pics are missing the sidemarkers which i installed today.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190161.jpg

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190160.jpg

:wub: She's begging for a claybar and wax. Give her what she wants. Then take more pictures.

Archived