LegacyGT.com

Who makes the '08 headlamp??

ch0232

Just picked up my car from the body shop that repaired some minor damage I got in accident.

When I popped the hood I noticed a sticker on the headlamps that said TYC "made in Taiwan". I called the body shop to inquire about this as he had mentioned early on that the ins co. specked aftermarket but he told me he would not sub this. When I asked him about it today, his reply was that it was a Subaru part and that is where they are made.

On the breakdown for the repair, it refs. a Subaru p/n on the headlamps for $370.00.

I researched the TYC and it took me to Tyco headlamps.

Can any '08 or ( suspect '09) OB and check the headlamp and tell me if it says TYC on the clear part just before the DOT info/imprint? The lamps are similar looking to LGT's too so I suspect they are the same, just the grill is different. But I could be wrong.

I suspect this TYC is an aftermarket and probably cheaper but they charged the ins co. more.

???

thanks in advance for any help.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

After a phone call and careful review of the repair bill, the body shop agreed that the headlights should be Subaru factory since that was what was billed. Not the aftermarket units by TYC.

I feel much better now and the light patter is more uniformed and does not seem to have the "rainbow" at the edge of the light pattern.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

Archived