LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy 2.5i limited airbag deployment

geoffbern

Im looking at an 07 2.5i limited legacy with 27k on it for 13000. The downfall to this is it was a new york city are and was in an accident with airbag deployment. Is there anything i should look for when buying a car with an a airbag deployment? Everything has been fixed and taken care of, any inputs would be great.

thanks

130K is high for a 2.5i that has been in an accident. Airbag deployment means the impact was pretty good and there was a significant amount of damage possibly. Personally I would walk away from this car but if you are absolutely dead set, I would take it to a body shop and inspect the car in and out to see if the repairs were done right. You can expect rust to show up.

its going to be looked at by a auto body professional, but the title is clean but it has been in one accident. If the car obviously has frame issues they will find them and im sure i will feel a problem when i drive the car. Tomorrow i pick it up and will have it for the day while it gets looked at. I have 13k and there are certain features that i am looking for in a car.

Im coming from a extremely fast WRX and need a practical car. I do not need a fast car anymore, im out of that stage.

I was just wondering what to look for, and you said an 07 limited 2.5i for 13k was alot. Well i would be more than happy to be shown the same car for the same price with no accident.

will do, what do you think a fair price for that car is?

You'll probably have your answer after the car is inspected.

As was mentioned earlier, usually airbag deployment denotes a substantial accident - I think +/- 30mph. That can cause numerous issues that extend beyond the initial impacted area.

Good Luck

Archived