LegacyGT.com

Heated Seat rewire for remote start?

juniorvarsity33

I was curious if anyone knew of, or had an idea of the best possible way to rewire the heated seats of the 05 Legacy so that they come on with the ignition when remote start my car.

Currently, when I remote start the car, the heated seats will not function until the key is placed in the accessory on position. I would like them to come on when I remote start the car in order for my car to be truly ready to roll on these cold winter mornings.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

:spin:

what power phases come on what you remote start. you can just find the live wires that come one when you remote start. i think the seats run a 12 volt heating coild element. just splice it. and i guess you might need a switch for the summer. that the way i would look at it. analog is easy :D

what power phases come on what you remote start. you can just find the live wires that come one when you remote start. i think the seats run a 12 volt heating coild element. just splice it. and i guess you might need a switch for the summer. that the way i would look at it. analog is easy :D

the seats have an on/off switch. Just regardless of whether the switch is on or not, the seats don't heat until key is turned over.

:spin:

Depending on the brand of remote start, you can change which ignitions/acc stay on during the runtime. Did you install the remote start? If not, I'd have the shop that did it fix it for you.

Basically you have 2 ignition wires and one accessory wire that receive +12v when you turn the key on. When you remote start the car the seats are not coming on because the circuit they are on is not all staying powered up. But, when you turn the key on, the wire you need for the seats gets +12volts. So, you need to determine if both ignitions and the acc are hooked up.

1. if they are, you should be able to change the settings on the remote start to make the acc wire act like an ignition. (which will make it stay on during remote start)

2. If one of the wires is not hooked up, you'll have to add a relay to give it +12v with ignition #1.

I have not put a remote start in a legacy for a while, but if you can get to the ignition harness with a meter, you can determine which acc or ignition wire is powered up with the key but not the remote start. You need to get +12v to that wire during start to get your seats on.

Hopefully that helps and is not too confusing.:)

Archived