LegacyGT.com

Burning oil! Internal mods?

;) This is just another reason to build up the internals. What do you guys recomend to do as far as aftermarket crank and pistons since I will have the engine tore apart. I would like to stay n/a unless I change my mind. I am building this up for performance anyways, so just another excuse to mod!

nice nice you get the luxury to do the world of internals such as forged pistons, camshafts. If you can try to get some of your internal stuff port and polished so you can have a larger displacement goodbye 2.5l hello 2.7 or 2.8liter hahaha. Sorry I don't know that much about internals stuff but I know you can have a track ready engine with the proper equipment

How much of a power increase can I expect port and polishing, cams, and forged pistons? Anyone can just drop in a engine and go if you have the money all up front. I figure I will port and polish heads (maybe swap in different heads), bore out cylinders, then figure out what size pistons I want. Change out seals and gaskets while I am at it. I like a challenge!

ohhh you will definitely feel a difference in power im not sure on the power increase depends on how much metal you take off everything

also depending on what motor and everything you drop in it very well could be cheaper to do that and have more power with supporting mods of course :)

your probably looking at a nice 15-20hp gain with a nice set of internal work done but this is a guesstimate. I have a friend who had his stock wrx internal ported and polished and on ecu tune, he made a nice 30+hp with that, but thats because he is a turbo and had a open source tune but thats another story lol

Well for a good set of internal work it can be a nice 1000-1500 for parts an labor, on an engine swap your looking at 3-5 grand on a wrx swap and more for the sti swap

on an N/A car there really isn't a reason to replace the crank unless you want to go with a bigger crank. also i don't feel forged pistons will be worth the extra money unless you are doing High compression or forced fed or nitrous. good old hyperutectic (spelling?)will be fine. now P&P head with bigger valves and good cams will go a long way with a good bump in compression. if i could i would something around 10-11:1 compression 2.3L with a P&P heads with titanium valvetrain to rev to the moon with some nice Delta 2000 cams and good tuning! it would be a great N/A package

on an N/A car there really isn't a reason to replace the crank unless you want to go with a bigger crank. also i don't feel forged pistons will be worth the extra money unless you are doing High compression or forced fed or nitrous. good old hyperutectic (spelling?)will be fine. now P&P head with bigger valves and good cams will go a long way with a good bump in compression. if i could i would something around 10-11:1 compression 2.3L with a P&P heads with titanium valvetrain to rev to the moon with some nice Delta 2000 cams and good tuning! it would be a great N/A package

yummmmm that does sound good, haha i dont know much on the subject of internals, but i had a friend who has internals tell me all about it. I know if you have a schoc long block and dochc heads you'll have higher compression for what i was told, I was thinking of doing that, but sounds too risky on not solid info

Archived