LegacyGT.com

Free Track Time in Austin, TX

dwolfenstein

Subaru of Georgetown is sponsoring a free track day at DriveWay Austin from 10am to 4pm. Come by to test out your Subaru on this amazing track. Subaru of Georgetown will also be providing an STi or two and a WRX or two to drive on the track if you want. Come by, sign a waiver, get some driving instruction, drive for free, take pictures of the Subaru Rally Team STi, have fun. It's that simple. Please RSVP at danielw@subarugeorgetown.com!

Check it out.... http://preownedcertified.com/SubaruTrackDay/

I have some more details...

The event starts at 10am. All participants will be required to attend a 20 minute orientation on the course, safety, etc. You do not have to show up at 10am but keep in mind that it will get busier as the day progresses.

Of course, this is a pretty informal day. There are no "time slots" for drivers. All necessary safety gear will be provided.

This is a Subaru ride-and-drive event. I will have an STi, WRX, Legacy GT, Legacy 3.6R Limited, Forester XT, and Outback 2.5i at the event for driving. The instructor will take you for a drive around the course to show you what can be done. Then, the instructor will switch places with you to let you have some fun.

If you want to drive your own Subaru on the course, time will be set aside from 3pm to 4pm.... Maybe earlier if everyone finishes the test drives early. But we want to give everybody the opportunity to have some time with the instructors. And you must have attended the orientation and spent some track time with the instructors before being let loose with your own Subarus on the track.

I ask that all participants keep in mind that Subaru of Georgetown is sponsoring this event to allow people to see what makes a Subaru, a Subaru... not to simply see how fast a 600 hp Subaru can go in a straight line.

I want everyone to have fun and be as aggressive on the course as the instructors allow us to, while still being in total control of the Subarus. This is a twisty curvy course.

Please be safe!

Also, a side note. The location may be a little tricky to find. Here is a link to a map...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Austin&state=TX&address=8400+Delwau+Ln&zipcode=78725-2627&country=US&latitude=30.265734&longitude=-97.656402&geocode=ADDRESS

Please obey all posted speed signs when driving to and from the track. THERE WILL BE LAW ENFORCEMENT WAITING TO CATCH SPEEDERS AND WRECKLESS DRIVERS. I WAS WARNED BY THE COURSE OWNER THAT THE POLICE LOVE HIDING OUT AROUND THE CORNERS TO HAND OUT TICKETS. BE WARNED.

Also, make sure to wear sneakers... no sandals or flip-flops allowed when driving.

Let's have FUN!

Archived