LegacyGT.com

i just cant win

so i have the dreaded headgasket problem taken care of, i also have the dreaded p0400 code taken car of. so why the hell have i gone through 2 front main seals in the past 7 months....nothing but engine problems with this car...and it only has 50k miles on it!! :mad::mad::spin::spin:

incorrect. the chassis has 168k. the motor was replace last year with a 40k engine off of a newer subie. motor had to be replaced cause the thermostate froze while i was on the highway and the temp rose so fast i couldnt react in time to pull over and shut it off before the cylinder wall cracked

Not particularly. An easy way to tell is, if you take the belts off the crank pulley and try and move it side to side, up and down see if there is play. If it's moving around, it's a sure sign the bearings are worn.

But, also, like said above, if you haven't used genuine seals, that can happen as well. A much easier fix of course.

:spin: :spin:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/kelesez/2009-12-11170113.jpg?t=1260644912

Thats such a sadd picctureee :( But yeah you would be kickin ass with an H6 under the hood. Look for a outback l.l bean edition or vdc edition those two have ez30's in them which put out 212hp. I have an 04 l.l bean and it pulls crazy for its power the wieght ratio!

Archived